• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm not necessarily defending Bill Fletcher, but all politicians usually accept donations of any kind. It's extraordinarily naive to think they would turn down such donations, even if they knew nothing about the donors. The links to impropriety have to be proven before any politician would feel it necessary to return the money.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Keep it respectful and civil. Let's discuss money, yes but let's also discuss issues.

What about customary use?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm not necessarily defending Bill Fletcher, but all politicians usually accept donations of any kind. It's extraordinarily naive to think they would turn down such donations, even if they knew nothing about the donors. The links to impropriety have to be proven before any politician would feel it necessary to return the money.

Most people are directed by their own moral compass too. For myself I would be extremely leery of large contributions from folks I knew nothing about.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Keep it respectful and civil. Let's discuss money, yes but let's also discuss issues.

What about customary use?

This thread isn't about "customary use"...it's about mailers on political candidates and who is behind them. There are several threads about customary use....this just isn't one of them.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Interesting that you know it is shady money, the rest of us don't know anything about them. I guess if it came from locals generating huge sums thru various companies/businesses, it would not be shady? You quite sure you weren't born last night?

At least I know who's backing those candidates and the money is traceable and mostly local. To be perfectly Frank the fact that you are willing to just accept, and be proud of, this windfall without any knowledge of its origins speaks volumes about your judgement.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
This post is not in support of nor is it against any candidate for office.
I have many questions about these handouts and what is the purpose for them. I also question the huge amounts of money being thrown around and what is expected in return for those amounts. However, at least Bill Fletcher is willing to engage the public and come participate in this forum when he is not getting a very friendly reception. To be fair he is not the only candidate getting mystery mailers on his behalf and he is not raising 10's of thousands of dollars like others. Mr. Fletcher says he does not know who is behind this and I will take him at his word. But I still want to know who is behind this and what they are up to. That is not against any candidate. I just want to know what is going on so I can make educated choices in August.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
If the other political candidates came to this forum you know me well enough to know Danny my position would not be any different for them than it has been Mr. Fletcher and I'm just outspoken enough to say so. We don't owe these folks anything, they owe us their honesty (I actually believe Mr. Fletcher doesn't know whose behind this and that's the problem) they owe us their commitment to bring open, honest government to Walton County and at this point NONE of them have done that either because they truly don't know OR they actually do know and have chosen to crawl in bed with the snakes and liars who currently run this ship.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't have any problem with asking tough questions and being plain with candidates. Lord knows they might as well get a taste of what is in store for them if they win. But to be fair Fletcher is the only candidate who has chosen to respond to questions and that should be pointed out. And I still want to know if this group sent questionnaires or had communication with candidates and I want to know what they expect to accomplish.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I don't have any problem with asking tough questions and being plain with candidates. Lord knows they might as well get a taste of what is in store for them if they win. But to be fair Fletcher is the only candidate who has chosen to respond to questions and that should be pointed out. And I still want to know if this group sent questionnaires or had communication with candidates and I want to know what they expect to accomplish.

I agree that Fletcher is the only candidate who has chosen to respond. Unfortunately, he doesn't know who he crawled in bed with when he accepted those political mailers and that's a problem....for him and for voters.

I think most of us want answers.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. Danny, I've said I think Mike Huckabee is behind this based on his substantial contributions to Melanie Nipper.

I could be very wrong in that mindset AND...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that Cecilia Jones and the band of thugs supporting Tony Anderson have something to do with it to make Fletcher & Nipper look like idiots for accepting contributions from God knows who, making Imfield a shoe-in. C. Jones knows Imfield/Chapman wouldn't even vote to get rid of ropes, chains. signs and fencing and the only person she needs gone is Cindy Meadows. Ms. Jones is as dirty as the day is long.

Someone on Facebook knows something about who created the Our Generation page. They call themselves "a group of concerned citizens" but I'm concerned that no one knows who they are. I'm concerned our very own tax collector liked the page (based solely I'm sure on the core issues) better roads, infrastructure and jobs. We all want that and are open and honest enough to admit it without having to create hidden citizen groups!! BTW...Mike Huckabee has openly endorsed Rhonda Skipper which still makes him the largest suspect in my mind....yet he made no financial campaign contribution. Wierd! (I love me some Rhonda Skipper and want to see her re-elected.)

Last edited: