• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Bob, not sure who this group is, but appreciate their efforts, being the Super Sleuth, how do we find out?

You accepted mailers from a group but have no idea who the group is?

I may have been born at night Mr. Fletcher but it wasn't last night! If you can't even be honest about the mailers why would anyone in their right mind vote for you?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
You accepted mailers from a group but have no idea who the group is?

I may have been born at night Mr. Fletcher but it wasn't last night! If you can't even be honest about the mailers why would anyone in their right mind vote for you?

As I recall candidates do not and cannot communicate with a PAC.

It's no surprise Bill Fletcher doesnt know, he shouldn't...

Your chastising him on this site is in appropriate and you owe him an apology.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Sorry Mr. Fletcher that your positions attract shady ass money.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Our Generation, Inc Review - Lobbyists in Washington, DC - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Metro Washington, DC and Eastern Pennsylvania

Description
Consumers report receiving mailings from this organization seeking input and donations for advocating various national issues. The organization identifies itself as a 501(c)4 group and donations to its advocacy efforts are not tax deductible. Consumers who receive mailings from this organization and others can evaluate whether they wish to support the ideas or policies described and whether they wish to do so through one particular group or another. Contributions which are not tax deductible are usually sought by such advocacy groups to continue its efforts at outreach and advocacy.

The Organization's web site describes itself as a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization founded to research, educate and promote long-term, free market solutions to public policy issues.

We said we were going to change the world | Our Generation

Our Generation: Walton County
I went to the BBB site and did not recognize any of the names listed. The mailers were a pleasant and complete surprise to me, I got mine in the mail yesterday. No organization has requested any pictures of me. Of course the ones they used would be easy to get off of social media.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
WTF?

Shady Ass $$$?

Really...

That's what this County is made of. Shady Ass $$$ on ALL sides.

So now two candidates have mailers and the are under the microscope?

Yet you all quickly look the other way on other blaintant issues that stare back at you with indigo eyes..

Doomed, we are doomed and destined to follow the historical failures put in front of us. Pessimistic, yup, but I call it reality.

Candidates don't / can't control PACs...

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Sorry Mr. Fletcher that your positions attract shady ass money.
Interesting that you know it is shady money, the rest of us don't know anything about them. I guess if it came from locals generating huge sums thru various companies/businesses, it would not be shady? You quite sure you weren't born last night?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

John G...sit down, be quiet and stop acting like a petulant child....at the very least learn how to read!!

I never said anything about him directly/indirectly communicating with a PAC but since you actually brought it up I will say that politicians in general have many ways that they coordinate with outside groups. What I also said indicates that "Our Generation" (the folks behind the actual mailers) appears to be a PAC and I personally believe/think Mike Huckabee is behind it. If it turns out I'm wrong about that OK. I don't like Mike Huckabee or anything he stands for (he is extremely too far right and bigoted IMO) and I wouldn't vote for him in a dog fight let alone any political office in Walton County (or the U.S. for that matter) so, chances are I won't apologize regardless of whether or not I am right or wrong. That's politics and it's also constitutionally protected free speech!

How dare you talk about anyone chastising an individual when you are the KING of KINGS when it comes to chastising the Sheriff for anything you perceive he is guilty of but I'll make you a deal buddy. The day you apologize for being a COMPLETE ASS to the Sheriff and your years of conflict and bitterness over the job you believe he's doing (even though he is the first Sheriff to run unopposed in this county in 189 years) I'll apologize to Mr. Fletcher for something I didn't say....but you will still be a hypocrite for calling me out when you are guilty of doing exactly what you're attempting to call me out for.

The fact you appear to support Fletcher (is in my opinion) another fabulous reason NOT to vote for him!

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Quote Bill Fletcher:

"Bob, not sure who this group is, but appreciate their efforts, being the Super Sleuth, how do we find out?"

Well if you knew nothing about it Bill let me give you some insight into the "gift" you received. That mailer on your behalf probably cost about $15,000. It appears it was mailed to all Walton County Property Owners ( about 50,000 pieces) not just "Voters". I received a call from some part-time residents that live on my street today. They are not registered voters in Walton County. They are registered to vote in Ga.. I then called 2 other out of town property owners in Alabama & Tennessee and they got the two mailers as well

Someone likes you !!!! Not sure who that might be.
WOW, I'm impressed and thankful.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I went to the BBB site and did not recognize any of the names listed. The mailers were a pleasant and complete surprise to me, I got mine in the mail yesterday. No organization has requested any pictures of me. Of course the ones they used would be easy to get off of social media.

This is just freaking mind boggling to me Mr. Fletcher. We are a very small community and up until a couple years ago candidates in this County ran political campaigns on the "good ole boy" syndrome. "God fearin" "born and raised" folks would run campaigns based off their years of experience in County government (we re-cycle allot) and their own ability to bulls*hit unsuspecting consumers. Today, it's PACS trying to get folks elected with shady ass money and my problem with you now is that you not only accepted it, you're grateful for it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Interesting that you know it is shady money, the rest of us don't know anything about them. I guess if it came from locals generating huge sums thru various companies/businesses, it would not be shady? You quite sure you weren't born last night?

Matt J did not make the comment about being born at night Mr. Fletcher I did. Yes, generating large sums of money that any smart voter has an opportunity to view on the Supervisor of Elections website is preferable to accepting shady ass money from God knows where and it's called "Making Informed Decisions". Anyone who has lived here for any length of time knows about the players and the scandals that have rocked this Community and if they continue to vote for the same individuals year in and year out we have no one to blame but ourselves when our world goes to hell in the proverbial hand basket. We have NO ONE to blame when we don't know where the shady ass money comes from and we are not making informed decisions.

What you're doing is called disenfranchisement because you are preventing people from making informed decisions about your character and your positions. We don't know who is wielding power over you because you don't even know who you're grateful to which deprives voters of the legal right to make informed decisions.