• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
At. What you are describing sounds like a cypress stand.
Exactly..but it didnt even have that many cypress trees around it. Back then (when Old 98 WAS 98 and that WinnDixie was just a glimmer in someones eye) it wasnt much more than a frog/mosquito breeding ground. It stepped up in the world when it became a retention pond. LOL But at least then it served a purpose.

Shelah

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2016
Miramar beach
Another troll from the "I hate Mrs. Harris fan club"! Nice to meet you.

Want to see a real swamp and documented mosquito pit, just visit my sister in Driftwood after a rain.
I d
You're thinking of the pond to the west of Edgewater. I believe this pond was added when Edgewater was built.

While I'm not generally a fan of Ms. Harris, this strikes me as a new low. If you're not a condo owner then it's not your concern.
a

Shelah

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2016
Miramar beach
As a citizen of Walton County I'm concerned about all safety issues especially where a child could be injured. Walton county depends on tourism and anything that could impact that negatively should be a concern for all of its citizens. No matter what the open drainage ditch was prior, it's an open dangerous drainage ditch now.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
So, as a disinterested party (don't own at Edgewater; don't know Suzanne Harris or Shela) if I'm keeping up here, Shela thinks that Suzanne Harris is in some way responsible for the hazardous retention pond that was egregiously put in place of a coastal dune lake that wasn't a coastal dune lake but, instead, a pond that wasn't always a pond but, instead, a lilypad-filled cypress stand without too many cypress trees (which I think is called a "bog", at best). The floating facts are that DEP deemed the retention pond compliant, meaning Ms Harris isn't responsible and there is seeming no real problem, which makes Shela mad (because she doesn't like Ms Harris). One truth is that the retention pond might be considered by some as more ugly that a swampy bog. Nonetheless, facts aside (other than that Shela doesn't like Ms Harris) the next tact is to try to incite public outcry by floating the notion that the retention pond is more hazardous to the safety of our children than a natural snake-infested mosquito breeding ground (where I'm sure that we'd all be okay with our kids frolicking). Sounds like it would be more straight-forward to say that (1) Shela doesn't like Ms Harris, (2) Shela doesn't like the retention pond next to her piece of Paradise, (3) Sheila doesn't like the outcome from the complaint....that is what this is really about.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Seems like someone came to the realization that SOWAL isnt what the TDC plastered around all the airports,magazines,etc. Might not be living up to the "dream" they bought into when they sold everything and "moved to the beach"... only to realize there arent all those amenities they had in those big cities, there are ugly and dangerous things and places and the ads nor their realtor told them about all that stuff.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Picture was taken from a balcony at Grand Dunes. We pay the Lake Doctor to spray it monthly, we also keep fountain running to circulate the water. It has Coy fish in it and Carp. The person that took this picture shows how clean the water is. I think they are just jealous they did not get elected to the grand Dunes board of directors. This pond is owned entirely by Edgewater and I am sorry you do not like it but when you by a property next to one that has a retention pond on the property you do not get to dictate what it looks like. Bythe way I have a list of all owners at Grand Dunes and your name is not on it. I would have much more respect for you if you posted under your real name. Also I am at Edgewater everyday and you are welcome to stop by and see me anytime.

Shelah

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2016
Miramar beach
You people have a problem. I don't know ms Harris. Never heard of her. I visited the property next door and saw the potential problem. I'm not running for any board. You have stated every reason why you think anyone would speak about the problem and call it to the attention of parents but you refuse to state the facts about the situation and the potential hazard. In this thread ms Harris wrote that she was going to fix the problem but refused after someone complained about it, therefore she has admitted there is a problem but has not fixed it because someone made her mad. I don't think a parent of a hurt child would accept that reasoning for not fixing the problem. They can look back at her statement made on this thread and potentially find her liable which would make all homeowners at Edgewater liable. Someone is just not being very smart. Pull your head out of the sand and see the truth. It's a potential health and safety problem on a property that rents to the public. A property that will be potentially liable for anyone hurt because of that unprotected hole of water filled with mosquitos and snakes. The truth is the truth

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You people have a problem. I don't know ms Harris. Never heard of her. I visited the property next door and saw the potential problem. I'm not running for any board. You have stated every reason why you think anyone would speak about the problem and call it to the attention of parents but you refuse to state the facts about the situation and the potential hazard. In this thread ms Harris wrote that she was going to fix the problem but refused after someone complained about it, therefore she has admitted there is a problem but has not fixed it because someone made her mad. I don't think a parent of a hurt child would accept that reasoning for not fixing the problem. They can look back at her statement made on this thread and potentially find her liable which would make all homeowners at Edgewater liable. Someone is just not being very smart. Pull your head out of the sand and see the truth. It's a potential health and safety problem on a property that rents to the public. A property that will be potentially liable for anyone hurt because of that unprotected hole of water filled with mosquitos and snakes. The truth is the truth

What don't you understand about Ms. Harris being in COMPLIANCE with the DEP?

Stop using children! A child could be hurt walking off their own porch for cripes sake. An accident looking for a place to happen isn't an accident. You are grasping.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
There is no problem with the pond, all of owners see it when there are here. You just need to go back to where you live and do not be concerned with our building. Our insurance company has looked at our entire property and have no problems. A child would stand a better chance of drowning in the ocean or pool but the bottom line parents need to be responsible no matter where their children are

At least I do not hide behind fake names.