• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I agree with Mr. Glidewell about the business licenses issue. The license was a tax and taxes can go up and up and up....just look at other places where government has abused their authority to get as much $$$ as they can. It's scary and I don't want it in Walton County because we need more jobs not less!

But this thread I thought, was about Our Generation and it seems like the commenters here did not address what Mr. Weimorts wrote but rather just attacked him personally by weaving a bizarre web...when his column in the Daily News had nothing to do with business licenses. Do you not think he posted information valuable to voters to know and learn ?

I am trying to imagine a world where Our Generation was supporting candidates that people on this bulletin board didn't like and support...and how you probably would have posted the research done by Mr. Wiemorts a month ago.....now that is pot and kettle!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Do you not think he posted information valuable to voters to know and learn ?

NO! It's nothing anyone didn't already know, if they had actually done their own research!

I am trying to imagine a world where Our Generation was supporting candidates that people on this bulletin board didn't like and support...and how you probably would have posted the research done by Mr. Wiemorts a month ago.....now that is pot and kettle!

Since you just joined this list on Aug. 3rd, it's safe to assume you missed the entire thread on Our Generation.

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
No, I read it...you do not have to be a member to read this website. There wasn't much in that thread about how Our Generation has been accused of scamming older people...that's not information that seems to be well known until now and I think it's creepy.

By your method of thinking...people should never write news opinion pieces or articles because everyone should "do their own research" ? I'm not criticizing you...simply trying to point out that in your dislike of Mr. Weimorts you may have taken things a bit too far...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
No, I read it...you do not have to be a member to read this website. There wasn't much in that thread about how Our Generation has been accused of scamming older people...that's not information that seems to be well known until now and I think it's creepy.

By your method of thinking...people should never write news opinion pieces or articles because everyone should "do their own research" ? I'm not criticizing you...simply trying to point out that in your dislike of Mr. Weimorts you may have taken things a bit too far...

Weimorts is free to write anything he chooses....being believable is another issue entirely.

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
So it's OK that an organization allegedly scammed older people and is now spending what looks like a small fortune to get two people elected to the Walton County Commission....because you like those two people? I am so confused....

What about what Mr. Weimorts wrote is not believable? I find it great that he did this research and put it in a newspaper...I can tell you that probably three quarters of the innuendo I read on this site wouldn't make it past a junior newspaper editor because it's gossip and would trigger a libel suit...which by the way applies to the Internet too :)

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Don't start flexing your chest there lawyer man. Everyone is free to think any one else's opinion is wrong,, you can't make or forbid anyone to think anything. That's America. Ever time I go to washington DC, someone is standing in front of the whitehouse with signs that say Obama is a murderer, Obama is radical muslim, Obama is a co***Suc*** even one time. You know what the pres can do about it? Not a damn thing, it's that persons opinion. Same thing happened to bush and its been happening at the whitehouse since the 60's almost every day. You choose if you believe the opinion or not. When the supreme court makes a decision, are they right? Maybe, Maybe not,,,,but they are last and that's what counts.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
So it's OK that an organization allegedly scammed older people and is now spending what looks like a small fortune to get two people elected to the Walton County Commission....because you like those two people? I am so confused....

What about what Mr. Weimorts wrote is not believable? I find it great that he did this research and put it in a newspaper...I can tell you that probably three quarters of the innuendo I read on this site wouldn't make it past a junior newspaper editor because it's gossip and would trigger a libel suit...which by the way applies to the Internet too :)

Key words and you used the term yourself "allegedly"! I'm not defending Our Generation, I have my own issues with how things were done in regard to the ads against Imfield and Chapman but at the end of the day, the majority of what the ads said are true!

The Better Business Bureau listed 5 complaints regarding advertising/sales issues. From what the BBB reported those issues have been resolved. One would think if Our Generation was guilty of all these alleged scams someone would be in prison.

Threats of libel don't scare me. The burden of proof is on the person or persons filing the suit and you just can't get blood out of a turnip. Weimorts knows this.

www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/lobbyists/our-generation-inc-in-washington-dc-203617416

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Biz licenses are part of the evolution of a community. They are like dog licenses. They are implemented not because of the good dogs but because of the bad dogs.

And because of a few dog haters don't know the difference between the good ones and the bad ones and won't shut up about it.
A perfect example of where there is little or no enforcement.

Dogs on beach.

Every day, no Enforcement...

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Key words and you used the term yourself "allegedly"! I'm not defending Our Generation, I have my own issues with how things were done in regard to the ads against Imfield and Chapman but at the end of the day, the majority of what the ads said are true!

The Better Business Bureau listed 5 complaints regarding advertising/sales issues. From what the BBB reported those issues have been resolved. One would think if Our generation was guilty of all these alleged scams someone would be in prison.

Threats of libel don't scare me. The burden of proof is on the person or persons filing the suit and you just can't get blood out of a turnip. Weimorts knows this.

www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/lobbyists/our-generation-inc-in-washington-dc-203617416
I was making the point that it's easy to write something on the Internet and post it because there is no filter or review process to ensure that something is "believable," but there is a higher bar to jump when you publish in a newspaper because they review those things before they get printed.

Nobody threatened you...but why would you want to libel someone and why do you gossip about people so much, including private citizens?

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Don't start flexing your chest there lawyer man. Everyone is free to think any one else's opinion is wrong,, you can't make or forbid anyone to think anything. That's America. Ever time I go to washington DC, someone is standing in front of the whitehouse with signs that say Obama is a murderer, Obama is radical muslim, Obama is a co***Suc*** even one time. You know what the pres can do about it? Not a damn thing, it's that persons opinion. Same thing happened to bush and its been happening at the whitehouse since the 60's almost every day. You choose if you believe the opinion or not. When the supreme court makes a decision, are they right? Maybe, Maybe not,,,,but they are last and that's what counts.
I agree with every word you wrote...I don't care if people have opinions...that's what makes this country great. I was addressing the issue of whether the column was "believable" or not.