• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I don't think you should be talking bad about someone who is not a public figure and isn't here to defend themselves. Contributing to a campaign doesn't make someone a public figure and there's nothing wrong with funding if done legally.

Again, I have not accused him of any crimes. Has he made campaign contributions? Assuredly he has.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Again, I have not accused him of any crimes. Has he made campaign contributions? Assuredly he has.
I didn't say you did. But you are derogatory. You can't talk bad about people on here who are private citizens. Seen people banned for that before.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Let's try this again. Both Misty and Patriot G seem to understand, maybe a few more.

Prior to convening the Grand Jury (GJ), many, many people were interviewed, some came voluntarily, or some got pieces of paper.

From all those interviews a lot of information was collected. This information was / is in the possession of the State Attorney.

After all the people were interviewed and there was a lot of information, the State sifted through it and put together their case, which was to be presented to the Grand Jury.

Those interviews that were selected are then the people that actually received a subpoena to actually Testify before the GJ., Which they did. I bet people on this site know people that were interviewed, yet never called to actually Testify.

They Cherry picked what they wanted in order to " make" their case. They filtered information to tailor Their agenda. Remember B. Chapman's quote; "a Grand Jury can indict a monkey".

Now GJ is over. The State did release a significant amount of information subject to public record, but NOT all.

All those original interviews that were not used still remain tucked away, with some people not wanting that info to ever have sunlight shine on it.

It's now public record.

It tells a much different story.

There's room for about a dozen more GJ's based on those interviews. But they don't want to do that.... it was just convenient enough they was this on ended up.

Since the State Attorney and Sheriff can decide which cases to pursue, the info from the other interviews won't be used.

Now with Laird's and Blackhead's cases, some of that may be easier to obtain for public consumption (or maybe not).

The Grand Jury Process was a joke.

drinkin & lazy

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2015
You cease to be a private citizen when you actively campaign and contribute huge amounts of money to Commissioners/Incumbents who you want to do your bidding on the BCC. It involves your motives and your ethics or lack thereof. Being an active member/supporter of the SBA who has actively campaigned against a current Commissioner also puts you dead center of public scrutiny.

Good point, CM quit paying on a vacant lot in Seagrove and has recently completed a Deed in Lieu of foreclosure of it since she didn't pay the note. She can however put $35K in of her own money for her campaign. She can't manage her $ well enough to pay her debts. Check out the court records if you want to look it up.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Good point, CM quit paying on a vacant lot in Seagrove and has recently completed a Deed in Lieu of foreclosure of it since she didn't pay the note. She can however put $35K in of her own money for her campaign. She can't manage her $ well enough to pay her debts. Check out the court records if you want to look it up.

How Cindy Meadows manages her money is really no concern to me. My concern is/was who the best candidate for County Commissioner will be in Dist 5 and I continue to believe she is. But since you want to put Cindy's finances on blast...Anderson has done a pretty bang up job with his own and doesn't own a lick of property in Walton County.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
If that is an issue for you, then I can only guess you won't be voting for Mr Trump.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010

The position Cindy Meadows has held and for which she seeks re-election entails how she manages the affairs of our county. Her record in office inspires confidence that she not only knows how to do that job well and honestly, but also that she can be depended on to do so in the future. She is by far better qualified and more experienced than Mr. Anderson, and she has the educational, professional, and political experience we need.

Her decisions about managing her own money and investments are purely personal matters so long as they do not negatively impinge her performance of the duties and discharge of the responsibilities of the pubic office we have entrusted her. If she made an investment of her own money in a market that was peaking, she joins a long list of people across the country who got shafted by the hucksters running the show at the national level. I care about her managing my tax dollars and yours. To date, she's earned my vote to continue doing so. Of the incumbents, she stands alone in that regard.

While I from time to time have my differences with Cindy's decisions, I believe that on balance she is not only head and shoulders the best of our BCC but also the kind of intelligent, competent, honest and qualified individual we need heading up our local government. If you examine the list of her contributors, you will not see evidence of any organized interest group. You will instead see a panoply of individuals, not businesses by and large, people whose common self-interest is good government beholden to all, not to the local powers that be.

Cindy has earned my respect and my vote, and I look forward to marking my ballot for her, Bill Fletcher and Melanie Nipper so that Walton County can move away from the politics as usual that has inflicted itself upon so many of its victims. Our citizens need to be beneficiaries, not victims, of the conduct of local government. Smear campaigns by the self-interested to the contrary (Grand Jury report as exhibit A), Cindy has comported herself with honor. Would that all local politicians were like her!

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
The position Cindy Meadows has held and for which she seeks re-election entails how she manages the affairs of our county. Her record in office inspires confidence that she not only knows how to do that job well and honestly, but also that she can be depended on to do so in the future. She is by far better qualified and more experienced than Mr. Anderson, and she has the educational, professional, and political experience we need.

Her decisions about managing her own money and investments are purely personal matters so long as they do not negatively impinge her performance of the duties and discharge of the responsibilities of the pubic office we have entrusted her. If she made an investment of her own money in a market that was peaking, she joins a long list of people across the country who got shafted by the hucksters running the show at the national level. I care about her managing my tax dollars and yours. To date, she's earned my vote to continue doing so. Of the incumbents, she stands alone in that regard.

While I from time to time have my differences with Cindy's decisions, I believe that on balance she is not only head and shoulders the best of our BCC but also the kind of intelligent, competent, honest and qualified individual we need heading up our local government. If you examine the list of her contributors, you will not see evidence of any organized interest group. You will instead see a panoply of individuals, not businesses by and large, people whose common self-interest is good government beholden to all, not to the local powers that be.

Cindy has earned my respect and my vote, and I look forward to marking my ballot for her, Bill Fletcher and Melanie Nipper so that Walton County can move away from the politics as usual that has inflicted itself upon so many of its victims. Our citizens need to be beneficiaries, not victims, of the conduct of local government. Smear campaigns by the self-interested to the contrary (Grand Jury report as exhibit A), Cindy has comported herself with honor. Would that all local politicians were like her!
I do not think a candidate's personal finances should be an issue in the election either.

This is why I find it particularly offensive that for months, supporters of Commissioner Meadows have said here and in other places, that Mr. Anderson was somehow negligent in his personal finances or business finances...all of which he has addressed and thoroughly refuted...even though he should not have had to.

Just because it was posted online and passed around in print at meetings does not make it immune from being described as a coordinated negative attack on Mr. Anderson's personal life, all without a single fact to back it up.

Meanwhile, Meadows doesn't respond to criticisms......ever...even in regards to her official actions. It's a double standard.

I will be voting for Tony Anderson because he has the leadership skills and personality to bring different people together and get things done quickly....not more studies and discussion...but shovels in the ground action.

I believe he is running for the right reasons, has given back to his community...and wants what is best for our county. He has put a lot of thought into his platform and ideas to win the confidence of the people who will be voting.

He will provide a voice for everyone in the county, not just the people who have the time to show up at every single meeting and get their way by threats of lawsuits and harassment.

I think he is a good, smart guy who will let county employees and law enforcement do their jobs. And I think he is our safest bet to actually pass customary use and not cave to the demands of the angry group of privatizers.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Just so you know (you can believe what you choose) but T. Anderson's' financial difficulties were not addressed and the liens withstanding against him were not paid off until after he became a candidate.

Try as I might I haven't seen any leadership skills and I don't believe for a second he wants whats best for the County but he assuredly wants whats best for the SBA who has a whole nother agenda completely. Again, believe what you will, you're going too anyway.

If your reference to the lawsuits and "alleged" harassment are in regard to Suzanne Harris or Alan Osborn (they are generally at most meetings and have made no secret of their disdain for certain BCC members and rightly so) let me ask you this...

Do you honestly believe the County should operate OUT of the Sunshine and against the LDC and Comp plans?

Read the question carefully so there is no misunderstanding before you answer.