• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I think the results show an anti-incumbent wave is still moving among voters. I also think the desire of voters to elect pro-growth candidates who will work to bring jobs to the county was evident. And I think that attacking Mr. Anderson for his career choices and personal business was a mistake. The influence of money was evident as always but the days of seeing who has raised what may not be as important as in the past. Direct contributions favored Mr. Imfeld but the Our generation spending far eclipsed anything Mr. Imfeld had. The negative mailers late that indicated Ms. Meadows had been found guilty of misuse of her position hurt as well. One stark difference between the 3 commission races was that Mr. Chapman AND his supporters never went negative against either opponent while both Ms. Meadows and Mr. Imfeld's supporters were very negative against Mr. Anderson and Ms. Nipper. People tend to sympathize with the attacked and absolutely do not like what they view as dirty politics. I think the size of Ms. Skipper's win also points to this phenomenon.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It appears that a majority of Walton County like his platform. No private property rights (beaches), no Accountability for small business (business license), free for all for beach vendors, etc.

I'm looking forward to the parking problems being solved, almost immediately, as well as the control over the over development of S. Walton.

The majority rules and Walton County is going to get what it wants. I'm just hoping it works out OK...

I also think, as stated here before, that we will see a new push for Incorporation now. Not sure if that's a good thing or not at this time.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Congratulations to Tony.

I voted for Cindy. Tony won by a landslide. He did actually have a lot of
support in the south end of the county, from what I saw. I do believe Cindy
would have had more votes from non-republicans in the south end if they
were able to vote, but I don't think this would have been enough to change
the outcome.

In my opinion, Tony's team ran a better campaign -- better and more signs,
car stickers, pins, supporters more motivated and positive. The only really
nasty thing that came from his supporters I saw was the edited video of Cindy.
The other nasty stuff against her that I saw came from outside groups.

The next couple of years will certainly be interesting! I hope that we can all
work together to improve Walton County and protect everything that makes
it so special and unique.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Makes no sense. There were 2 candidates. What outside group would be against Cindy and not for Tony?
Good point.

I was referring to the mailer that was paid for by VOTER RESPONSE about the
ethics investigation. I think a lot of folks didn't see that as coming directly from
Tony's campaign.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Good point.

I was referring to the mailer that was paid for by VOTER RESPONSE about the
ethics investigation. I think a lot of folks didn't see that as coming directly from
Tony's campaign.

You must have missed the one with Randy Gardner's face on it bragging about how he filed an Ethics Complaint...

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
You must have missed the one with Randy Gardner's face on it bragging about how he filed an Ethics Complaint...
Probably. :) At a certain point in this election, I stopped looking
at the mailers. They went directly from the mailbox to the trash.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I think the results show an anti-incumbent wave is still moving among voters. I also think the desire of voters to elect pro-growth candidates who will work to bring jobs to the county was evident. And I think that attacking Mr. Anderson for his career choices and personal business was a mistake. The influence of money was evident as always but the days of seeing who has raised what may not be as important as in the past. Direct contributions favored Mr. Imfeld but the Our generation spending far eclipsed anything Mr. Imfeld had. The negative mailers late that indicated Ms. Meadows had been found guilty of misuse of her position hurt as well. One stark difference between the 3 commission races was that Mr. Chapman AND his supporters never went negative against either opponent while both Ms. Meadows and Mr. Imfeld's supporters were very negative against Mr. Anderson and Ms. Nipper. People tend to sympathize with the attacked and absolutely do not like what they view as dirty politics. I think the size of Ms. Skipper's win also points to this phenomenon.
I understand about progrowth and attracting business, I personally would have thought with his accomplishments with the Mossy Head Industrial Park, Mr Fletcher would have been a winner. That said, my concern with the attraction of business, I pray we resist the urge to provide welfare to businesses to move here. Infrastructure isn't free and giving tax breaks hampers those improvements.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I understand about progrowth and attracting business, I personally would have thought with his accomplishments with the Mossy Head Industrial Park, Mr Fletcher would have been a winner. That said, my concern with the attraction of business, I pray we resist the urge to provide welfare to businesses to move here. Infrastructure isn't free and giving tax breaks hampers those improvements.

Bingo Bob, Welfare!

Hammer hits nail head.