• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
Update

Left and right turn lanes will also be added to CR 395 onto Scenic 30A Fall 2017.

Fall 2018 will see the addition of a right turn lane for westbound traffic on Scenic 30A onto CR 395, and a left turn lane for eastbound traffic on Scenic 30A onto CR 395. A median will be added on CR 395. A stoplight will be installed and with red/green arrows for all turn lanes.

No plans for moving the bike path to south side as some have requested, but the bike lane will be forced to use signal buttons to integrate with traffic.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Now, if there was only some way to keep the pedestrians and bicycles from crossing against a green light as happens all the time at the Rosemary Beach traffic lights.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Update

Left and right turn lanes will also be added to CR 395 onto Scenic 30A Fall 2017.

Fall 2018 will see the addition of a right turn lane for westbound traffic on Scenic 30A onto CR 395, and a left turn lane for eastbound traffic on Scenic 30A onto CR 395. A median will be added on CR 395. A stoplight will be installed and with red/green arrows for all turn lanes.

No plans for moving the bike path to south side as some have requested, but the bike lane will be forced to use signal buttons to integrate with traffic.

This is interesting that the bike traffic "will be forced" to use signal buttons to integrate with traffic. A great concept, if it were to be practically enforced. I still think the bike path should be re-routed north onto Grove Street to completely by-pass that intersection.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Now, if there was only some way to keep the pedestrians and bicycles from crossing against a green light as happens all the time at the Rosemary Beach traffic lights.

Exactly. I was going to mention this very thing. Pedestrians are constantly crossing when they have a red light and vehicular traffic has a green light. On numerous occasions I have see people walk into the crosswalks in the middle of traffic when traffic has a green light. Along with this drivers, who have the green light, suddenly stop at the crosswalks to let waiting pedestrians cross when it is not their turn. It's a very dangerous situation at Rosemary. I can't see signal button traffic signals on 395 being effective at all. Basically the problem is tourists from the suburbs not knowing how to cross busy streets using traffic signals.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Exactly. I was going to mention this very thing. Pedestrians are constantly crossing when they have a red light and vehicular traffic has a green light. On numerous occasions I have see people walk into the crosswalks in the middle of traffic when traffic has a green light. Along with this drivers, who have the green light, suddenly stop at the crosswalks to let waiting pedestrians cross when it is not their turn. It's a very dangerous situation at Rosemary. I can't see signal button traffic signals on 395 being effective at all. Basically the problem is tourists from the suburbs not knowing how to cross busy streets using traffic signals.

Again, another glaring issue of ENFORCEMENT.

How about a crossing / patrol guard? Other areas have them. Not us.

Walking against the signal is actually a violation, but who gives a :poop:, right?

We don't enforce anything until its too far gone to win and thus, we throw our hands up in disarray:creepy:.

The Citizens Services woman Leah would be great to spear head such a program. They could write civil traffic tickets (Called Parking Tickets) and other civil issues.

Why didn't our staff research this when they all traveled to central Florida about the Fire Department Take Over???? They must have all been fishing or sleeping as that County already gave back its fire department. Waste of Money.

Our Sheriff doesn't care about local civil issues.:yawn:

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
How about we get rid of the lights at Rosemary which are not needed and a mistake in the first place... Have never been anything but confusing.