• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
It's amazing that, in such a small piece of Paradise, one can find so much to whine about.......jeez, try finding the good to share (there is a lot).
Being positive on this forum can sometimes be a lonely position

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
Just got here yesterday, today (at Eastern Shores) there were 5 tents on the beach. Just now a big white pickup with CODES ENFORCEMENT painted on it drove by and never spoke to any of them. What is he enforcing??? If the tent thing is going to stop signs need to be posted at every beach access and in every condo. Why bother changing things if you aren't going to enforce it. People aren't aware of it because they don't know about it. The very least "The Enforcer" could have done is stop and tell the people and give them a one time warning. This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I hope you people pay the Code Enforcement a lot of money to drive around and talk on their phones or whatever they do to pass their time. They sure don't do Code Enforcement!
I, for one, am sick of the tents, They block our view of the ocean and for the most part there are maybe two people in them. They leave at lunchtime and come back to take the tents down at dinner time. Leaving the rest of us sitting behind them, with no view. Lets enforce this new law or do away with it.

There are other issues that visitors need to know about. We saw a man work very hard to catch a fish today, thought he may have caught a shark, but he caught a Manta Ray, He was stupid enough to cut the line but left the hook in the ray. Now the fish can't eat, is going to get a bacterial infection and die a horrible death. We need to educate people who come to the beach and are stupid about rules and livestock before we let them fish. Stupid people need to stay home!! If you want to come to the beach, do some research.

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Good, I hope they never enforce that stupid rule. Bunch of whining babies. Cry me a river.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
Are you the codes enforcement useless B I saw driving down the beahc today?
Good, I hope they never enforce that stupid rule. Bunch of whining babies. Cry me a river.

FU People need to know how to take care of our precious wildlife at the beach. If you aren't smart enough to research it, leave your fishing rod at home! Catching something on the beach that draws a crowd is not important if you are stupid enough to leave the hook in its mouth. That is just cruel!

Last edited:

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Where exactly are code enforcement officers telling people to not come back with the tent or be fined? I own gulf front and when they have shown up for tents on my property , I have watched code enforcement help move the tents onto neighboring property. Those same tents continue to go up the rest of the week , with code enforcement driving by. Beyond that , how on earth are these tourists supposed to have any clue of the rules ? Every day it looks like a refugee camp up and down the beach . Most times the people coming over the neighborhood walkover are toting tents and lots of times before sunrise .
In order to get enforcement of the "no tents except the owner" rule on gulf front owner lots, the owner or a designated agent is required to report a complaint on the online system for code enforcement. So, even if you report a tent/tents on your property, it they are moved to an adjacent owner's property and that owner doesn't report, the tents stay. Not a particularly effective or consistent way to enforce.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
All tents should be banned on all beaches - private or public. No umbrella vendors either except at resorts. If you need and umbrella, bring your own, use the ones provided by rental house or company, or stay at a resort.

It's really not that complicated - let our beaches be clean and uncluttered and people will want to come here. If they want to go somewhere that allows tents and has vendors then let them go.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
All tents should be banned on all beaches - private or public. No umbrella vendors either except at resorts. If you need and umbrella, bring your own, use the ones provided by rental house or company, or stay at a resort.

It's really not that complicated - let our beaches be clean and uncluttered and people will want to come here. If they want to go somewhere that allows tents and has vendors then let them go.

I agree. Trouble is convincing our leadership. They even allow vending in the state parks now. Sad.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
ThirtyAGal and others please copy and send emails to our BCC
SOWAL beach is mostly District 5 Tony Anderson

Commissioners
2016 BCC Meeting Schedule

William "Bill" Chapman (R), District 1 Commissioner - Vice-Chair

Document

District Office:

9446 Rock Hill Road
Ponce de Leon, FL 32455

Office (850) 835-4860
Fax (850) 835-4836
chabill@co.walton.fl.us

Jeff Skipper
Commissioner's Aide
skijeff@co.walton.fl.us

Cecilia Jones (R), District 2 Commissioner, Chairwoman

Document

District Office:
552 Walton Road
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433

Office (850) 892-4020
joncecilia@co.walton.fl.us

Evelyn Strickland
Executive Assistant
strevelyn@co.walton.fl.us

Melanie Nipper (R), District 3 Commissioner

Document

District Office:

6570 US Hwy 90 West

Office (850) 892-8474
Fax (850) 892-4204
nipmelanie@co.walton.fl.us

Susan MacDonald
Commissioner's Aide
macsusan@co.walton.fl.us

Sara Comander (R), District 4 Commissioner

Document

District Office:

263 Chaffin Avenue

Office (850) 835-4834
Fax (850) 951-0868
comsara@co.walton.fl.us

Melinda Wickham
Commissioner's Aide
wicmelinda@co.walton.fl.us

Tony Anderson (R), District 5 Commissioner

Document

District Office:

70 Logan Lane
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Office (850) 231-2978
Fax (850) 231-3872
andtony@co.walton.fl.us

Laura Ekstrom
Commissioner's Aide
ekslaura@co.walton.fl.us

Sent from my iPad

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
End of season "research and complaint" council meeting with ALL vendors coming soon. Last scheduled meeting postponed by Irma. Vendors come to these things in force.