• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SpringStreetBuilders

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2017
Seagrove Beach
“Thanks for the voice”?
I may be a bit cynical, but I was sure that SoWal.com was going to delete my posts as quickly as I made them. It's been 10 years since I was allowed to speak here and I made a lot of friends and I felt real bad all this time that people are allowed to talk about me and I wasn't allowed to respond

SpringStreetBuilders

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2017
Seagrove Beach
A thief by any other name, remains a thief.
Said the person trying to use a fake name.

Look, over the past 6 years I have completed projects in 23 States. Without advertising or salespeople I was paid for my construction work by Boston University, LifeFitness, Ball State University, the Mobile Police Department, Max Fitness Baton Rouge, The Epic Hotel Miami, Verti Marte French Quarter New Orleans, the University of Virginia, Sport & Health Worldgate and Bethesda, The Warwick Allerton Chicago, UC Berkely and (30) Residential projects. One thing builders across the country agree on, some small, closed markets use collusion to gouge customers.

This takes cooperation amongst Builders, HOA's, Lenders, Lawyers, Retailers and Small Governments. Walton County offers great pricing for the construction commodities, especially since DHI arrived. The net offers inexpensive shipments of the specialty finishes. 30a construction is egregiously expensive because Builders and their extended support groups want it to be. They use subs who work in Bay, Okaloosa, Washington, Holmes, Santa Rosa, Gulf and Escambia Counties who work for real rates everywhere but 30a.
My companies have built the structural shells for other builders in every major community on 30a. At least 160,000 sq ft of them were cost plus contracts wherein the Builder of Record gave me the price in advance without bidding. I've been told for 20 years that they don't return unused materials on cost plus contracts, rather take them away or put them in the dumpster.
Have you ever wondered if prices were inflated as part of a scheme? Absolutely, every single day.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Said the person trying to use a fake name.

Look, over the past 6 years I have completed projects in 23 States. Without advertising or salespeople I was paid for my construction work by Boston University, LifeFitness, Ball State University, the Mobile Police Department, Max Fitness Baton Rouge, The Epic Hotel Miami, Verti Marte French Quarter New Orleans, the University of Virginia, Sport & Health Worldgate and Bethesda, The Warwick Allerton Chicago, UC Berkely and (30) Residential projects. One thing builders across the country agree on, some small, closed markets use collusion to gouge customers.

This takes cooperation amongst Builders, HOA's, Lenders, Lawyers, Retailers and Small Governments. Walton County offers great pricing for the construction commodities, especially since DHI arrived. The net offers inexpensive shipments of the specialty finishes. 30a construction is egregiously expensive because Builders and their extended support groups want it to be. They use subs who work in Bay, Okaloosa, Washington, Holmes, Santa Rosa, Gulf and Escambia Counties who work for real rates everywhere but 30a.
My companies have built the structural shells for other builders in every major community on 30a. At least 160,000 sq ft of them were cost plus contracts wherein the Builder of Record gave me the price in advance without bidding. I've been told for 20 years that they don't return unused materials on cost plus contracts, rather take them away or put them in the dumpster.
Have you ever wondered if prices were inflated as part of a scheme? Absolutely, every single day.
Anything that isn’t ludicrous above is frightenening. Can you give the addresses for the properties where you built the shells? Some may want to steer clear.

Evansc

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Anything that isn’t ludicrous above is frightenening. Can you give the addresses for the properties where you built the shells? Some may want to steer clear.
LOL.

Most brokers I know will not even show a house if Carroll had any involvement in building it as they all know the abhorrent quality of construction, code violations and inspection issues.

SpringStreetBuilders

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2017
Seagrove Beach
LOL.

Most brokers I know will not even show a house if Carroll had any involvement in building it as they all know the abhorrent quality of construction, code violations and inspection issues.
Do you have a single reply to the Thread which describes construction costs on 30a? It's trolls like you who try to convince people that 30a is a magical bubble where their own God given logic shouldn't apply to a 30a residence.

Good luck everyone. I proffered a bidding style which shows your Contractor candidates' interest in the bid vs throwing high numbers at every category. Just ask them to separate the actual materials from the labor of every category. If they are interested in your costs they'll welcome your competitive bids on materials and set aside material returns. You can also clearly see the labor rates proposed.

Evansc

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Do you have a single reply to the Thread which describes construction costs on 30a? It's trolls like you who try to convince people that 30a is a magical bubble where their own God given logic shouldn't apply to a 30a residence.

Good luck everyone. I proffered a bidding style which shows your Contractor candidates' interest in the bid vs throwing high numbers at every category. Just ask them to separate the actual materials from the labor of every category. If they are interested in your costs they'll welcome your competitive bids on materials and set aside material returns. You can also clearly see the labor rates proposed.

It’s no wonder you have been banned up and down 30-a.

Common criminal.