• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I just read in NWFL daily news that there are traces of it showing up in Walton County.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Just came back from the beach at Watersound and there are dead fish everywhere.....noticed it in the air yesterday.
Do you have any photos so we can see the extent of it?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Red Tide is definitely here. Went to WaterColor yesterday and walking over to the FOOW restaurant, I suddenly felt it in my throat, tasted and smelled it all at once. It is very distinctive. Coughing fits until I went indoors. Seems to be low level at this point.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Yes. At Seaside we started coughing yesterday as have others. Alright on bikes this am. Alright at pool. Had to leave beach. Suspected red tide. Walked over to beach before heading to 45 Central paella night, coughing. But not a hurricane. We will adapt. Ellen

mrshammel

Beach Comber
Hi there, just popping in here to see if there has been any conversation about red tide. We had a beach vacation ruined at Sanibel in August because of red tide. I was also sick for 3 weeks after due to the respiratory stuff. We planned a trip for next Friday through Tuesday in hopes of redeeming that awful trip. Then I see one of my friend’s Instagram pics and she is showing dead fish. I am borderline freaking out. It’s our anniversary as well. Can someone tell me if we are dealing with the respiratory stuff only or if also dealing with dead fish and how bad it is??? I wish I had purchased trip insurance. It was beyond HORRIBLE in SW FL and I will just be so upset if it ruins this trip too. We are staying in Seacrest. Help??