• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Does anyone know if all Mediacom service is out in Walton County? Please post if you know anything about status of service and repair. Or if you have service. Thank you!

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
This is from the Mediacom Communications web site dated 10/13/2018:

Hurricane Michael Special Weather Statement

"The temporary loss of Mediacom broadband and phone service in the Sandestin area is due to 14 miles of severely damaged fiber between Highway 77A and Southport. In a second area east of Panama City, we have more than 25 miles of damaged fiber that is obstructing video transmission from Gulf County to Walton County. We are working on a temporary solution to hopefully restore high speed data and phone services to Sandestin, and Santa Rosa beach areas by late today. Video services will take longer as we work on another solution to restore these services."

It would be nice if their Internet and Phone service came back.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

"The temporary loss of Mediacom broadband and phone service in the Sandestin area is due to 14 miles of severely damaged fiber between Highway 77A and Southport. In a second area east of Panama City, we have more than 25 miles of damaged fiber that is obstructing video transmission from Gulf County to Walton County. We are working on a temporary solution to hopefully restore high speed data and phone services to Sandestin, and Santa Rosa beach areas by late today. Video services will take longer as we work on another solution to restore these services."

Thanks!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015

Thanks for sharing! My Mediacom internet is still out in Grayton. Does it work for anybody in SRB yet?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We are so fortunate in South Walton to have been spared. I know that being without internet and cable is inconvenient especially for local businesses just getting back open. Most of us have power now and the shelter of our homes. I am seeing some locals and many second homeowners (who are not even here) complaining about mediacom on social media. While we do appreciate any status reports on local services I hope we can focus our concerns and efforts on our friends and neighbors and their devasted communities.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Thanks for sharing! My Mediacom internet is still out in Grayton. Does it work for anybody in SRB yet?
Ours is out in Seagrove. Inlet beach is out. The way I’m interpreting the report above is they have at least two places with Many Miles of damaged line That Feed Our Area. I’ve heard from two places that their Hub was in Wewahitchka and was destroyed. I may be wrong, but it is sounding like we should brace for 3 to 4 weeks, and then we might be pleasantly surprised if it is sooner.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
And your personal internet and phone service is more important than the thousands of people without a home, a meal or shirt on their back? This thread should be deleted!

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic

This morning that portion of the mediacom statement was changed to:

"Work continues around the clock on a temporary solution to restore connectivity to our Southport facility and restore High Speed Data and Phone services to Sandestin and surrounding areas. We appreciate everyone's understanding while we complete this work as quickly as possible."

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Ours is out in Seagrove. Inlet beach is out. The way I’m interpreting the report above is they have at least two places with Many Miles of damaged line That Feed Our Area. I’ve heard from two places that their Hub was in Wewahitchka and was destroyed. I may be wrong, but it is sounding like we should brace for 3 to 4 weeks, and then we might be pleasantly surprised if it is sooner.

Our Mediacom cable internet appears to be working in Grayton again.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
And your personal internet and phone service is more important than the thousands of people without a home, a meal or shirt on their back? This thread should be deleted!
I disagree about the thread being deleted. I agree that there are more immediate problems. Everybody is working hard to help those in need. We are simply trying to share information about this topic. Many people rely on internet connectivity for communication and some of us have to go back to work on Monday and our jobs depend on having internet connectivity.