• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Bob, Great perspective and outlook. Here’s why this post is important. Dave’s Feable use of a partisan poll as defense is perfect example. There is no objective information being offered to citizens. Every single community social media page that touches this topic deletes, blocks, bans ANY voice that hints at not promoting the propaganda. Immediately, as soon as it posts. Then, The handful of sad big voices publicly post personal attacks, often, yes Dave - Lies, about anyone who speaks up publicly about facts. Look at their pages, no facts, but misleading emotional posts shaming people who disagree in an attempt to silence them and divide us. Yet you’ve seen the abundant dialogue here. It’s the ONLY place where there is an audience that is not censored toward only one cause. Nobody, certainly not I, am trying to change anyone’s mind. I am trying to present factual information that is very aggressively kept from the public everywhere else. The entire community audience has been kept from the truth. Thank you again and again to Sowal Admins for being mature, and showing leadership, even though you might not personally agree with much of this discussion. I applaud your leadership. Now Dave, you have refused to join this discussion with intelligent discourse, and meet anyone in public for a community discussion and solution. Why?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Bob, Great perspective and outlook. Here’s why this post is important. Dave’s Feable use of a partisan poll as defense is perfect example. There is no objective information being offered to citizens. Every single community social media page that touches this topic deletes, blocks, bans ANY voice that hints at not promoting the propaganda. Immediately, as soon as it posts. Then, The handful of sad big voices publicly post personal attacks, often, yes Dave - Lies, about anyone who speaks up publicly about facts. Look at their pages, no facts, but misleading emotional posts shaming people who disagree in an attempt to silence them and divide us. Yet you’ve seen the abundant dialogue here. It’s the ONLY place where there is an audience that is not censored toward only one cause. Nobody, certainly not I, am trying to change anyone’s mind. I am trying to present factual information that is very aggressively kept from the public everywhere else. The entire community audience has been kept from the truth. Thank you again and again to Sowal Admins for being mature, and showing leadership, even though you might not personally agree with much of this discussion. I applaud your leadership. Now Dave, you have refused to join this discussion with intelligent discourse, and meet anyone in public for a community discussion and solution. Why?
You didn't listen to Bob's sage advise, did ya? Stop bloviating, stop badgering. Stop (please).

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Stop bloviating, stop badgering. Stop (please).
Reg, don't listen. Bob is right but doing nothing to present facts is just as bad. Some people facts just do not matter. Just their agenda.

It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.
Let us by all wise and constitutional measures promote intelligence among the people as the best means of preserving our liberties.
James Monroe

Badger is a frequently used nickname for someone being tough and fearless. I kind of like it.
The Crazy Honey Badger (original narration by Randall). Funny but some adult language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
A friend sent a link to a local Facebook group which is referencing directly to this SoWal discussion thread by @Reggie Gaskins to show that certain members of this forum have different perspectives on Customary Use.

This is nothing new. We have had this discussion for many years here. SoWal admin is not here to direct or shape or censor the discussion as someone in the group stated in a most rude manner (putting it mildly). Rules call for us to keep it civil. Keep sharing ideas and sources. Try to make your statement a reflection of your personal views without tearing down other community members for theirs. This is your place and you direct the discussion accordingly. Always.

We all care. We all have a voice. Thank you for keeping it respectful.

This is an open forum for the community not a private group with an agenda. All are welcome.

FB_IMG_1557178834904.jpg

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Fact: Home prices are declining
Fact: tax revenue trending down !!!!!!!!!
First to feel the pain Seaside........
Fact: Golden Goose has left the house

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Fact: Home prices are declining
Fact: tax revenue trending down !!!!!!!!!
First to feel the pain Seaside........
Fact: Golden Goose has left the house
Yep...I was just wondering why all of a sudden the BFOs and others were talking "compromise" and trying to say Walton Co. is "50% public beach" (lie, because we barely get 50% of the public beaches unless we want to pay up to the vendors). Guess word has gotten out and now folks dont want to pay $3 to
5K a week to look at "PRIVATE BEACH" signs and ugly little plastic chains. Wonder how they will make the payments on that "investment" beach house now?

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
Yep...I was just wondering why all of a sudden the BFOs and others were talking "compromise" and trying to say Walton Co. is "50% public beach" (lie, because we barely get 50% of the public beaches unless we want to pay up to the vendors). Guess word has gotten out and now folks dont want to pay $3 to
5K a week to look at "PRIVATE BEACH" signs and ugly little plastic chains. Wonder how they will make the payments on that "investment" beach house now?
Ask the Sheriff, because his SOP required/ demanded all these signs. And that was the reason and the beginning of the signs. Read the WCSO SOP, signs were not an issue until the Sheriff demanded them and more.

Auburn Fan

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Auburn
Just keep bloviating. You already know what we think.

Bloviating? Seriously?

Is it really necessary to resort to an insult against Reggie, instead of just coming up with an honest, well-thought out, educated reply with sound facts and reason?

Meanwhile, there's a very current SERIOUS attack on the culture of our community, waged in social media by well orchestrated agitators, with devastating consequences.

One who enjoys using words like "bloviate" might appreciate a refresher of other word definitions:

Violent:
"using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something"

Sniper:
"person who shoots from a hiding place, especially accurately and at long range"

Murder:
"the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another"

Yes. That very list of words strung together makes most of us uncomfortable. As it should everyone. And yet...

A local FLORIDA BEACHES FOR ALL member recently actually produced a VIOLENT SNIPER MURDER video, and just last week posted this disturbing video to a variety of social media platforms using a variety of social media accounts.

The video shows a male with a sniper rifle take aim and viciously shoot another male to death. A crowd of people is also included in the video. Possible portrayal of mass shooting? The video portrays a violent murder and the man dying , right on the beach, in front of Bud and Alley's restaurant.

And what motivated such a horrific video like this?

The large banner caption attached to the violent sniper murder video says:

“Private Beach Problem… Solved”

No wonder so many beachfront homeowners are truly scared.

FLORIDA BEACHES FOR ALL was founded last summer by David Rauschkolb.

This video currently has over 800 views. Over a dozen members have indicated their actual agreement and approval of the video posted online.

Oh, but it's just a video, not the real thing. Fun satire. Right? Fun?
Fun for whom? I can think of hundreds of families for whom that would not be funny at all.

Are we really so desensitized that a video like this is just "nothing"? much less amusing?

How DARE you try to diminish what's going on in our community by calling someone's calm, educated, respectful response to these issues mere "bloviating".

Many civilized people actually welcome this form of respectful discourse, compared to the heightened dramatic false narratives plastered on social media elsewhere. Many greatly appreciate that the moderators here have actually allowed true discourse to occur without the gross censorship that is occurring on other platforms. I for one am starting to have my eyes opened. Already several of the emotional taglines of last summer have proved to be so untrue. I'm personally re-evaluating. A lot.

That vicious video is being promoted as a celebrated solution to our very real, painful conflict from which our community is suffering.

Filmed on location. Just a few hundred feet from our own Seaside Neighborhood School.

Here in Walton County.

Where is the outrage?

Or is no one in the community speaking out because this kind of intense social media intimidation is actually working?

Is no one speaking up, just because we just don't want to bring ever more negativity into our conversations? Kumbaya.

Or are the locals thinking "If I speak out, they will send someone after me with camera and computer in attempt to make a viral YouTube video and make my life miserable"?

Is the outrage eclipsed by fear?

"If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid."
~Paulo Coelho

Fear not.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Bloviating? Seriously?

Is it really necessary to resort to an insult against Reggie, instead of just coming up with an honest, well-thought out, educated reply with sound facts and reason?

Meanwhile, there's a very current SERIOUS attack on the culture of our community, waged in social media by well orchestrated agitators, with devastating consequences.

One who enjoys using words like "bloviate" might appreciate a refresher of other word definitions:

Violent:
"using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something"

Sniper:
"person who shoots from a hiding place, especially accurately and at long range"

Murder:

Yes. That very list of words strung together makes most of us uncomfortable. As it should everyone. And yet...

A local FLORIDA BEACHES FOR ALL member recently actually produced a VIOLENT SNIPER MURDER video, and just last week posted this disturbing video to a variety of social media platforms using a variety of social media accounts.

The video shows a male with a sniper rifle take aim and viciously shoot another male to death. A crowd of people is also included in the video. Possible portrayal of mass shooting? The video portrays a violent murder and the man dying , right on the beach, in front of Bud and Alley's restaurant.

This video currently has over 800 views. Over a dozen members have indicated their actual agreement and approval of the video posted online.

Fun for whom? I can think of hundreds of families for whom that would not be funny at all.

Are we really so desensitized that a video like this is just "nothing"? much less amusing?

How DARE you try to diminish what's going on in our community by calling someone's calm, educated, respectful response to these issues mere "bloviating".

Many civilized people actually welcome this form of respectful discourse, compared to the heightened dramatic false narratives plastered on social media elsewhere. Many greatly appreciate that the moderators here have actually allowed true discourse to occur without the gross censorship that is occurring on other platforms. I for one am starting to have my eyes opened. Already several of the emotional taglines of last summer have proved to be so untrue. I'm personally re-evaluating. A lot.

That vicious video is being promoted as a celebrated solution to our very real, painful conflict from which our community is suffering.

Filmed on location. Just a few hundred feet from our own Seaside Neighborhood School.

Here in Walton County.

Where is the outrage?

Or is no one in the community speaking out because this kind of intense social media intimidation is actually working?

Is no one speaking up, just because we just don't want to bring ever more negativity into our conversations? Kumbaya.

Or are the locals thinking "If I speak out, they will send someone after me with camera and computer in attempt to make a viral YouTube video and make my life miserable"?

"If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid."
~Paulo Coelho

Fear not.
L
Bloviating? Seriously?

Violent:

Sniper:

Murder:

Here in Walton County.

Where is the outrage?

~Paulo Coelho

Fear not.
the string of words you put together was quite a bit worse than the word “bloviate”. You are a fear-monger. No one on this site ever used that kind of language until you.