Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Reggie Gaskins, Apr 25, 2019.

1. FloridaBeachBum

FloridaBeachBum Beach Fanatic

I just quoted what Dave Rauschkolb reported from the police report. I did not comment if he should feel threatened or not. The State Attorney's office dismissed the accusation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
  2. Dave Rauschkolb

Dave Rauschkolb Beach Fanatic

What I said is that it is ridiculous that the author of this thread with the fake name, Reggie Gaskins is trying to paint those of us in support the customary use as some fantastical blaming that we are somehow hurting the legacy of 30A. I stand by my statement it’s ridiculous and silly. And absolutely not true. It’s not a tactic or anything other than my opinion and I fully stand by it. And a word to those hiding behind anonymous, fake names. I might have a little more respect, we all might have a little more respect for those posting on this thread if we knew who they were and stood by their word proudly and unabashedly. I tire of having conversations with people I have no idea who they are. that’s a big reason why I don’t participate in these circular types of conversations that seem to go nowhere. by the way, who are you? Thank you for supporting customary use but it would be nice to know who I’m talking to.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  3. FloridaBeachBum

Why would anyone much less beachfront owners want to identify and subject themselves to the anti-social media vitriol, not publicly by you individually, and risk having Daniel Uhlfelder or others inspired by "Your sand is my sand" baseless misinformation, intentionally come pick a fight with beachfront owners and law enforcement like at Viscaya?

Does the identity of the author change the verifiable facts?

4. BlueMtnBeachVagrant

BlueMtnBeachVagrant Beach Fanatic

I had no idea! The BCC always does the right thing. Our private property rights attorney is getting fired on Monday.

A carnival barker’s motto.

Why not condemn what your group (Uhlfelder) stated about beachfront owners being like “oppressors”, the reason that his Jewish grandparents immigrated to the U.S., i.e. Nazis?

Uh, it isn’t expected that an attorney would pull out the Nazi card against BFOs in a planned public speech. Not giving Uhlfelder a pass on this one.

The day you admit that specific analogy from Uhlfelder was inappropriate is when I’ll stop bringing it up.

And so will BFOs when they are constantly being accused of being mean, rich, selfish, greedy, anti-neighborly, Nazi-like, and oh yeah, title thieves.

OMG! All realtors have ethical standards beyond reproach.

Again, don’t forget that one very prominent national real estate company chose to rebuke ECAR’s position on taking a stand regarding customary use.

Any agent who supports customary use and accepts a BFO’s listing whose beach property is private, is a hypocrite, IMHO, especially if that property is in litigation. This includes ALL the homes off the beach that have private beach access such as Rosemary, Seaside, etc. as the entire association is in litigation.

I know your surfing buddy must certainly have several listings that fall in this category. Do you feel a need to protect his honor?

I have been on this forum since 2005 in many heated discussions and not once have I ever thought about trying “expose” the identity of those with whom I disagreed. In the end, it doesn’t matter who they are. It’s the content of their post that mattered.

Let’s be perfectly clear. Just because we all know who you are, doesn’t mean your posts have any more credibility than others who simply do not want their names out there for the “crazies” to see. So you need to get off this doxxing (new word for me) high horse modus operandi of yours.

Really? Don’t forget the sea walls.

.......and the curtain closes. “Show’s over! Everyone, please throw your uneatened cotton candy and peanuts in the trash. And watch out for the elephant dung on your way out.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Reggie Gaskins

Reggie Gaskins Beach Lover

Since Dave can’t hear or read objectively, here are facts. upload_2019-5-11_14-43-7.jpeg
    1. This picture and comment was used by Dave and FBFA as a scare tactic and as evidence of a private taking of public beach. The platt and public documents published on this thread prove this to be an outright lie. But FBFA wouldn’t allow public comment on it or any other of their false narratives at their meetings or online. Knowing these beaches were indeed private in 2009 and many years before that, you decide.
    2. This same fake image was created and first published by the very same individual that created and published the sniper video that shoots and apparently kills a BPO. Yet Dave claims they don’t “associate” with each other, even though FBFA hangs their hat on his fake image and more. Are they working together? You decide.
    3. Dave claims just now, here, in this thread, that that he didn’t try to intimidate, silence, or identify a Mr Lince to Sheriff deputy.
    Dave: “The investigation was never into James Lince it was into the anonymous blog. We only later found out it was Mr Lince‘s after the investigation was complete.”
    Here is the publicly available police report. You decide.

Admins have removed the publicly available WCSO report that was displayed here.

Is Dave telling the truth? You decide.

There are over 25 cases of public shaming and doxxing of entirely innocent Beach Property Owners, many documented here by more police reports.

Dave, if it’s that important and you’re so interested in meeting me, getting to know me, understanding who I am... let’s meet in a public discussion/forum in the Seaside Amphitheater with a table & microphones. 1 1/2 hours, You and me, and the public. I’ll bring crackers and cheeses, and drinks. You just show up. Let’s have a public discussion with civil discourse, for once. You game?

People, I encourage you to stop listening to only one side. Please please please go meet your neighbors on the beach. They are fine, moral, generous and humble folks from near and far. Dave will tell you not to, to compromise is death! This damn fake war needs to end. If you don’t show up on their property with cameras and looking for a fight, you won’t get one, just like in the last 50 years. Hint, don’t go to Vizcaya, childish CU activists have them pretty jaded.

Headed to the beach.... hope to see ya there. Cuz I bet I won’t see ya at Seaside Amphitheater anytime soon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Dave Rauschkolb

We suspected it was James Lince but we had no idea for sure. The Sheriff told us he could find out who was doing it but the only way he could disclose who was doing it was if a crime had been committed. The investigation took a month and the Sheriff never disclosed the identity of the person as no crime was committed. Mr. Lince came out at some point and announced it was his blog. Thanks for posting all this as it shows exactly what happened.

7. Reggie Gaskins

So I’ll take that as a “no” for my picnic?

Here’s the police report Dave and I referenced above. Oh wait, the admins won’t allow you to see it.

To all people on both sides of the issue: I have offered an objective, non emotional view in this entire thread. Given the last flurry, YOU decide. Is there room for discussion? Or should we retreat to our tactical corners and wait for courts to decide after the ground is scorched?

8. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

9. Reggie Gaskins

So Dave refuses to have an open discussion where he cannot control the audience or message. I can understand why. After all of this discussion, reading back over it, here’s my objective conclusion based on the facts herein:

The Customary Use Fight, Brought on by The County Recklessly Suing it’s Citizens, Regardless of the Ultimate Court Decision, Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

I doubt Mexico Beach ( located in Florida) is having this discussion..So it appears only a Cat 5 can determine 30A’s future...#OneDayOneWillVisit

11. FloridaBeachBum

I'm not expecting Dave Rauschkolb to file a police report for the CUer Galloway violent video. I wish I was wrong because it makes the other police report look contrived. Dave suspected(?) [knew] exactly what he was doing and we can guess why, Dave just could not prove who it was to post on anti-social media. So you wasted a month of valuable law enforcement time and money?

12. Dave Rauschkolb

Reggie, beach bum, fact or fiction fiction, Whatever your names are, y’all can just keep pounding sand I’m finished with this circular nonsense. Adios.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. FloridaBeachBum

For an authority on customary use what factual information did you add to the discussion? What questions did you discuss with meaningful information? What about quiet title? Do you want to explain why property owner quiet title is taking public property for $600? Missed opportunity Dave R.

I guess if you repeat misinformation enough times, it becomes the illusion of truth to some.
    Illusory truth effect - Wikipedia
    The only way to dispel the illusion is to shine the light of truth (with facts) on it.

Hopefully some of the 4,500 Walton beachfront owners is litigating against can see the light of those against property rights. Good try for a discussion Reggie, BMBV, Turtlefan, Auburn Fan, BeachSandpiper, ForF. CUnCourt.

14. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

443D7732-8A3C-48CC-A275-0D50E90BD1E4.jpeg.jpg

15. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

@Dave Rauschkolb I agree with you on this being ridiculous.....I decided it wasnt worth my time when FBB would come back and edit his posts after I had responded. Dont know what he was trying to accomplish and dont really care at this point.

16. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

turn off lite.jpg

17. BlueMtnBeachVagrant

BlueMtnBeachVagrant Beach Fanatic

My feelings are hurt. My name’s not in the list. You’re leaving the show without sayin bye to me?

I guess you’ve been advised by the attorney for FBFA to avoid / ignore my posts especially when I’m calling you and him out for the Nazi reference. Still you don’t respond. Understandable but cowardly.

The whole purpose of this is to show how hypocritical you and your group are when you profess we should be respectful to each other. But I see very very little of it coming from you and yours. Those were your words about respect in an earlier post when I first responded to your respect comment.

The truth is there is no defense for Uhlfelder’s words and YOU and others KNOW IT. Admit the mistake and maybe we can take a step forward in civility.

Simple.

I harp on this as the “fact” of it all can not be argued.

And regarding the pounding sand comment, if I decide for a beach workout, it will be pounding sand on our private beach. Thank you for the invitation anyway.

Added....and your silence (condoning) of Uhlfelder’s statement is proof positive that Reggie’s premise holds true.... that we’re losing our character and soul on 30-A that we used to have before you and yours stirred all this up.

Added yet again....and if Uhlfelder didn’t say those words, just make that claim.

18. Lake View Too

443D7732-8A3C-48CC-A275-0D50E90BD1E4.jpeg.jpg

19. Reggie Gaskins

So Dave refuses to discuss the many CU facts proven false here. So Dave refuses to meet in public forum to have an adult discussion to help heal our community. So it appears the online personal attacks against innocent beach property owners has escalated. A great recap of historical TRUE facts can be followed here at the blog Dave recommended earlier in this thread:
    FloridaBeachBum: CU Timeline
    Walton Watchdog

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Lake View Too

And Another Thing.jpg