• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
The exact same argument could be made against restauranteers, real estate agents, developers, beach vendors - basically ANYBODY who PROFITS from increased tourism and uncontrolled growth in our area.
Sounds like we are both against uncontrolled growth (and unrestricted marketing) of SoWal. Not sure what that has to do with signs and fences. There's no excuse for it and it shouldn't be acceptable behavior by anyone. I am for people using the beaches as along as they are respectful of locals and the environment. While there are plenty of visors who aren't, that is no excuse for the completely unacceptable step of trying to prevent use.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Sounds like we are both against uncontrolled growth (and unrestricted marketing) of SoWal. Not sure what that has to do with signs and fences.
Agree.
There's no excuse for it and it shouldn't be acceptable behavior by anyone.
Signs, yes. Chains, no, unless the public can’t (or refuses to) read.
I am for people using the beaches as along as they are respectful of locals and the environment. While there are plenty of visors who aren't, that is no excuse for the completely unacceptable step of trying to prevent use.
Did you mean respectful of the BFOs as well? There are some who don’t consider BFOs as locals.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Reggie: I'm not wrong; we just disagree. I've not been duped, but you have. Your very vivid anger makes it hard to respond to or converse with you. So I'll leave you with this:

“The sea can do craziness, it can do smooth, it can lie down like silk breathing or toss havoc shoreward; it can give gifts or withhold all; it can rise, ebb, froth like an incoming frenzy of fountains, or it can sweet-talk entirely. As I can too, and so, no doubt, can you, and you.”

― Mary Oliver, A Thousand Mornings

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Did you mean respectful of the BFOs as well? There are some who don’t consider BFOs as locals.
Yes to first part, except for those who put up signs and chains, or sit on their porch and seethe at people walking on the beach. And to the 2nd part, many beachfront owners are NOT locals. And there are many i wish were NOT.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Yes to first part, except for those who put up signs and chains, or sit on their porch and seethe at people walking on the beach. And to the 2nd part, many beachfront owners are NOT locals. And there are many i wish were NOT.
Well that rules out most of us.

What IF the county eventually loses the customary use law suit? Would you then be ok with the signs?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Well that rules out most of us.

What IF the county eventually loses the customary use law suit? Would you then be ok with the signs?
We will never be OK with the signs. Are you a joke? You do not have to have signs to prosecute a trespassing violation. The only reason you need to have a sign is to prove you are an ahole.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
....The only reason you need to have a sign is to prove you are an ahole.
I guess the premise of Reggie’s first post is spot on. LVT, while you’re at it, why don’t you go ahead and pile on and call me a beach Nazi. Your juvenile attitude sincerely should be confined to the lounge, IMHO. The sad part of it all is that you probably speak for many people.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I guess the premise of Reggie’s first post is spot on. LVT, while you’re at it, why don’t you go ahead and pile on and call me a beach Nazi. Your juvenile attitude sincerely should be confined to the lounge, IMHO. The sad part of it all is that you probably speak for many people.
I'm sorry for the potty mouth reply. It was linguistic short-hand. I probably should have used words like arrogant, self-righteous, and egocentric. I'm a working class stiff and seldom have time to be erudite in every post. As to any Nazi references, I only made a comparison about the propaganda techniques used on this thread that were reminiscent of the ones used by the Nazis in pre-World War II Germany: misinformation repeated ad nauseum, demonizing of the "others", calling anyone that dissent from your view a "mob". I will attempt to use more precise language in the future.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I'm sorry for the potty mouth reply. It was linguistic short-hand. I probably should have used words like arrogant, self-righteous, and egocentric. I'm a working class stiff and seldom have time to be erudite in every post. As to any Nazi references, I only made a comparison about the propaganda techniques used on this thread that were reminiscent of the ones used by the Nazis in pre-World War II Germany: misinformation repeated ad nauseum, demonizing of the "others", calling anyone that dissent from your view a "mob". I will attempt to use more precise language in the future.
I prefer ahole.

By “piling on”, I was referring more to Uhlfelder pulling out the Nazi card with his comment “....because of oppression like this”, again, which I personally heard.

At least Dave R finally denounced the beach sniper video and the nut job behind it. Nothing but crickets on this forum from CU advocates regarding Uhlfelder. Makes one wonder if that kind of analogy is condoned by CU folks. By a miracle, you’ve attempted to pull back name calling by at least one part of the human anatomy. BTW, we ALL have one of those parts as well as opinions.

Personally (as it should be for anybody), Uhlfelder’s Nazi reference (in a planned public meeting in front of hundreds of citizens no less) is a thousand times worse than any beach sniper parody video or being called an ahole, arrogant, self-righteous, egocentric as well as the standard issue “mean, rich and greedy.”

Did Uhlfelder’s remarks pull human decency to a new low for me in this CU battle? You bet.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I prefer ahole.

By “piling on”, I was referring more to Uhlfelder pulling out the Nazi card with his comment “....because of oppression like this”, again, which I personally heard.

At least Dave R finally denounced the beach sniper video and the nut job behind it. Nothing but crickets on this forum from CU advocates regarding Uhlfelder. Makes one wonder if that kind of analogy is condoned by CU folks. By a miracle, you’ve attempted to pull back name calling by at least one part of the human anatomy. BTW, we ALL have one of those parts as well as opinions.

Personally (as it should be for anybody), Uhlfelder’s Nazi reference (in a planned public meeting in front of hundreds of citizens no less) is a thousand times worse than any beach sniper parody video or being called an ahole, arrogant, self-righteous, egocentric as well as the standard issue “mean, rich and greedy.”

Did Uhlfelder’s remarks pull human decency to a new low for me in this CU battle? You bet.
Guess what? I'm responsible for my own words and deeds, not Uhlfelder's or "sniper guy"'s. But, good job of deflecting...