• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
Well said! I wonder if the private person built a parking lot like bramble grove on county property, that they currently are not using would it make it there’s.

TheWordLady

Beach Crab
Jul 29, 2019
Seagrove
Well said! I wonder if the private person built a parking lot like bramble grove on county property, that they currently are not using would it make it there’s.
I doubt it. . .the public would demand an audit of what went down in that regard, feeling they had lost something that was theirs. But since this seems to most as an issue of one private party (GSM) vs. another private (The Quit Claimers), no one cares at the shadiness, even though it sets a negative precedence, blocks everyone's access, and narrows usable beach even further.

dt

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2018
nashville
I doubt it. . .the public would demand an audit of what went down in that regard, feeling they had lost something that was theirs. But since this seems to most as an issue of one private party (GSM) vs. another private (The Quit Claimers), no one cares at the shadiness, even though it sets a negative precedence, blocks everyone's access, and narrows usable beach even further.
If GSM/county lose this stretch of sand, there will be almost no beach left available for what is a fairly dense section of homes and condos. As stated earlier, right now most of the public in the area and for several miles around use GSM beach. Where does the county expect all of those people to go. If the residents of GSM do fund the lawsuit to retain their beach without the help of anyone else, I would not be surprised if it too became a private beach like Seaside. Rightfully so!

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
We ask to speak to our commissioner tony Anderson and was told that he was instructed not to discuss the matter, by county lawyer.the county calls gsm beach a spot that’s a special situation since they said in board meeting they renounced all rights to that beach and gsm owners have won 2 court cases. They receive money from government per parking spot each year. They built a parking lot and bath houses on land they never purchased and now since c/u has come about have put money into walkovers to try to justify what they have done. They are no better than the group of lawyers trying to steal the beach again. Also how they continue to quite title the beach to upland owners even after judges ruling . We might need to think about how we all vote and hold the county accountable.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
If GSM/county lose this stretch of sand, there will be almost no beach left available for what is a fairly dense section of homes and condos. As stated earlier, right now most of the public in the area and for several miles around use GSM beach. Where does the county expect all of those people to go. If the residents of GSM do fund the lawsuit to retain their beach without the help of anyone else, I would not be surprised if it too became a private beach like Seaside. Rightfully so!

I assure you, that isn't even being considered.