• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
BMBV, You have not been paying attention about Reggie's message. He represents disrespect, divisive propaganda, authoritarianism (bullying tactics), deception and elitism. Like the letter says this was a "smear" campaign. Reggie leads a mission. He has followers (including yourself). His purpose was two-fold: Blame and Shame. It was a classic BS pie regarding property rights. I don't know if you even read the letter that you posted. The person talks about "cowardly" behavior in having such a strong opinion without having the backbone to post his name! Apparently you are not reading this stuff.

I do understand why you were upset in the beginning but there is a lot of water under the bridge now. You joined a group of people who do NOT represent you. This group despises The People. How many times do they have to call The People a bunch of fools? Maybe you despise The People also but there is hope because I sense a different tune. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt any of these characters own property in Walton County. If I am right then why do you think they are on this forum?
Let's get real here. "Disrespect, divisive propaganda" and the other things you mention aren't limited to the side that you disagree with. From what I'm reading, your posts have become more disrespectful and divisive with each new conversation. And I certainly am not a "BFO".

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
KE, I agree with you. You surprised? You need to go back and read all my post not just the snip and clip versions that one side is very gifted at. Disrespect is not limited to just one side so this is the point of conflict.

I may have to agree with you about my divisive tone between The People and Wealth but I have tried to respect the local BFO's and the imposter BFO's that I am calling power brokers. These power brokers represent one thing: themselves. Not you. Not me. Not property rights. Not the Constitution. They want power over their domain and will use whatever tool they have to gain that power. They control our economic system, our political system, over 50% of the worlds resources and now they want the beautiful white sands that we all enjoy. They believe that you and I should stay the hell of their beach because they earned it and we just want something for nothing. This is where The People must stand up and fight because we work just as hard as they have and probably harder. Did they earn the right to exclude people from the beach? Don't be conflicted on this point. The answer is NO. They were given exclusive rights to build their castles on the beach which take away our views and destroy the sand dunes. They pulled strings to build their castles/mansions ON the resource with waivers, variances and all sorts of privileges or rights that you and I do not have access to. They now want the power to control the beach. If we give this to them they will continue to abuse their power and buy up this resource faster than we can say chicken little.

There are times when we have to stand up and fight for something. If we don't the consequences are not in favor of The People. We will lose the majority of the beach to wealth. Maybe one day there will be a lottery for The People to briefly visit a section of the beach that is not ideal. Power is capable of doing whatever it wants to the people. Remember what we did to the Native American Indians. I believe that if we let ourselves be divided by deception, emotion and propaganda we will lose yet another resource to a small percentage of people. Are you sure that is what you want?

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
KE, I agree with you. You surprised? You need to go back and read all my post not just the snip and clip versions that one side is very gifted at. Disrespect is not limited to just one side so this is the point of conflict.

I may have to agree with you about my divisive tone between The People and Wealth but I have tried to respect the local BFO's and the imposter BFO's that I am calling power brokers. These power brokers represent one thing: themselves. Not you. Not me. Not property rights. Not the Constitution. They want power over their domain and will use whatever tool they have to gain that power. They control our economic system, our political system, over 50% of the worlds resources and now they want the beautiful white sands that we all enjoy. They believe that you and I should stay the hell of their beach because they earned it and we just want something for nothing. This is where The People must stand up and fight because we work just as hard as they have and probably harder. Did they earn the right to exclude people from the beach? Don't be conflicted on this point. The answer is NO. They were given exclusive rights to build their castles on the beach which take away our views and destroy the sand dunes. They pulled strings to build their castles/mansions ON the resource with waivers, variances and all sorts of privileges or rights that you and I do not have access to. They now want the power to control the beach. If we give this to them they will continue to abuse their power and buy up this resource faster than we can say chicken little.

There are times when we have to stand up and fight for something. If we don't the consequences are not in favor of The People. We will lose the majority of the beach to wealth. Maybe one day there will be a lottery for The People to briefly visit a section of the beach that is not ideal. Power is capable of doing whatever it wants to the people. Remember what we did to the Native American Indians. I believe that if we let ourselves be divided by deception, emotion and propaganda we will lose yet another resource to a small percentage of people. Are you sure that is what you want?
Man… Y’all need to get a life! Kurt why don’t you shut this thread down… It’s full of hate and ranting

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Not sure what you mean. The only way to manage fear is to confront it. There is no hate in my message. Maybe some ranting but I prefer to call it having a voice. Calling me a fool or someone who wants something for nothing does only inspires me to have a voice. Stop calling me a fool and I will stop. Stop calling me unworthy to use the beach and will stop. Stop telling me that I should be blamed and ashamed for using the beach and I will stop. Stop telling me my voice has no meaning and I will stop. This is an important issue for control of the beach. Stop slinging all the BS about property rights being the issue and I will stop. Many ways to stop my voice. Telling me to go get a life is not one of them. The beach drives everything here. It is a big part of your life and mine!

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
The beach drives everything here.
No disagreement with that assuming you mainly mean economically.
:rolleyes:
However, it’s not one of the 4 benchmarks for customary use as I think you are aware of.

You state a fact, I state a fact - good thing. Snip and clip promotes understanding as it helps to “cut out” emotion and drill right down to the point(s). Just trying to address CU, not change the world here.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
No disagreement with that assuming you mainly mean economically.
:rolleyes:
However, it’s not one of the 4 benchmarks for customary use as I think you are aware of.

You state a fact, I state a fact - good thing. Snip and clip promotes understanding as it helps to “cut out” emotion and drill right down to the point(s). Just trying to address CU, not change the world here.
For a lot of people here the beach drives their soul, not their pocketbook. Sadly you have either left that life or you never understood it. As a result you and your friends are soul crushers.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
For a lot of people here the beach drives their soul, not their pocketbook.
EXACTLY correct.

For me, fighting customary use is much more about resisting the blatant overreach of the Walton County Commissioners and run-away government in general. And the antics of "carnival barkers" made it even more of an issue for BFOs. I'd (and I assume most BFOs) would much rather be left alone with our souls than be compensated by the government for taking private property. So you see, it's not for the "pocketbook" as you suggest. NOBODY likes the idea of being told who is allowed on one's private property. But of course and understandably, that's what you're disagreeing with because it's not your private property.

There are plenty of ways to find your soul on public beaches and state parks. It just might not be as convenient in your particular situation as it would be to confiscate private property to minimize your walk in search of your soul.

But if soul searching is what you're truly seeking, there's no question a state park is the place, away from the crushing public and beach vendors during high season. Customary use will just make it worse with run-away development and still not address the lack of county facilities including parking. And for the low season (75% of the year), there is no issue.

Regarding pocketbooks, since you brought it up, trust me, there is a TON more money to be made by developing this area than any measly compensation the county might offer BFOs.

And private beach is the only thing standing in the way of the county in their desire to change Walton County into a Bay or Okaloosa County and lose the unique charm of what we've come to know as 30A. I'll also throw in the 50 foot building height restriction as a deterrent to crazy growth but we know the commissioners could eliminate that with just one vote (as is allowed in Bay and Okaloosa) and there would be little to no recourse to that action. And please don't say that will never happen.

Last edited:

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
For a lot of people here the beach drives their soul, not their pocketbook. Sadly you have either left that life or you never understood it. As a result you and your friends are soul crushers.

Pretty broad brush you use regarding soul crushers.

As a BFO, it is my right and responsibility to take care of my property in the best way possible. I don't believe it should be a problem for anyone to understand that, particularly as a legal matter. I am more than happy to have a young couple with children set up on the beach behind our house and enjoy the sand and water. Talk with them about where to eat, shop, etc... I have done exactly that. It is also my right to ask larger groups that are drinking, swearing, and being unruly to find another place. I don't want my friends, neighbors, or visitors to endure any of that behavior. And I have done that as well.

I don't think that qualifies as a soul crusher. For those that have the beach as "their soul driver", there is a mile of public beach at Grayton State Park that is NEVER totally used.

Still haven't heard of any "realistic" compromises from the CU group on this issue. Why is that? Very much like the "entitlement" groups in the USA, they just want it their way - period.