• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
SV, your brush only paints a darkness for this community. You are not from this community and it is amazing to me that you continue with the deception. You simply have not been truthful. You do not care for The People. You do not have any intention of sharing anything. You do not want compromise. You want. You take. You have received more entitlements that ALL the beach users combined. All I can figure is that greed is never satisfied. Please prove me wrong because there is no hope in your message. No truth. No evidence whatsoever of a compromise.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Two typical elitist responses. "go to state park".
Actually the public accesses are probably more convenient and welcomes you with open arms. But then you know that already. I was merely suggesting that you have a choice: convenience or solitude.

Just suggesting, since you brought up the soul and all, that the state parks are less crowded, much quieter, no nearby homes or commercial establishments, virgin scenery and of course, beach vending is not allowed there. Sounds to me like more of a mystical place to find one's soul than a public access.

If that's the definition of elitism, then I believe we're all elitists if one is looking for true peace and quiet at the beach. Maybe you're not looking for soul searching but convenience. I guess Blue Mountain Beach and other public accesses will do just fine if you don't mind the crowds and competing for a parking space. CU will make sure that situation gets even better.

Last edited:

Charles Evans

Beach Lover
Oct 31, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Enough everyone, and I mean both sides. Take a breath, have a glass of wine and exhale.

How about we conduct a one year experiment of NO BEACH VENDOR set-ups at dawn? Let’s see how much this frees up the public beaches. Just ridiculous that these folks overwhelm the beach every morning taking all of the prime locations, while half their chairs sit empty every day.

I am NOT a beach front owner. I walk the wet sand miles on end and just shake my head at this beach vendor monster we have created and just how obnoxious they can be.

Why not give it a shot?

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Enough everyone, and I mean both sides. Take a breath, have a glass of wine and exhale.

How about we conduct a one year experiment of NO BEACH VENDOR set-ups at dawn? Let’s see how much this frees up the public beaches. Just ridiculous that these folks overwhelm the beach every morning taking all of the prime locations, while half their chairs sit empty every day.

I am NOT a beach front owner. I walk the wet sand miles on end and just shake my head at this beach vendor monster we have created and just how obnoxious they can be.

Why not give it a shot?
Go to the state park if you don't like vendors. :rolleyes:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Commercial beach chair vending on the beach is a serious problem. It is out of control and I believe both sides would agree. Good community leaders would use this conflict to bridge the gap between residential BFO's and CU supporters. The problem is not created by residential BFO's and yes I agree it pushes beach users to expand their search for empty beach. Commercial BFO's use the beach chair vending to stay in control of their domain and their guest happy. This problem may be more complex than it seems on the surface but IMO I believe the practice of setting up the whole beach must end. Is it possible that this one issue could bring the two sides of this lawsuit together? From my perspective the answer is no because BFO's have slung enough BS around about property rights and good for nothing "entitlement groups" to keep the pot stirred. My position is right in the middle of this conflict and even I have dug in to fight the blatant disrespect for The People.

The methods being used to make and keep people angry in this thread is unforgivable. Some of the posters in this thread are not from this community and this deception must stop. So I would agree with anyone who believes Kurt should end this thread. We are all just repeating our "opinions" over and over. The continuation just works in favor of the imposter BPO's who are hired assassins of compromise as well as power brokers. The methods being used in this thread by these fake BPO's should prove to everyone reading this stuff that they are not from around here at all. The real BPO's have been tricked into thinking that they are on their side. If this is not the truth then why would they not come clean about who they are after making so many claims of sharing the beach with families and children while telling us that a child should be punished for not getting permission to exercise on the beach? Why would they use case law to prove a point that does not prove any point? Why would they hide their names after making long statements about their being such generous contributors in this community? I could go on and on but I just hope Kurt will shut it down. These people are not who they say they are and unless they prove themselves to be who they say they are then we should not believe a word that comes from them.

This will be my last post on this subject. In conclusion I believe there should have been compromise and there was opportunity for it until people were mislead and deceived by the power brokers. I now believe that the beach should always be open to a respectful public. I believe that commercial vending and beach density must be addressed. Finally, I believe that The People have power in unity and all we need to do is be respectful to each other to solve problems. Thank you Kurt for letting me have a voice!

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I see where Florida Beaches for All is trying to ride the coattails of Diane Krumel whose organization successfully convinced Escambia County commissioners to not sell off publicly owned beaches for private development as well as keeping unleased county owned beach public.

The approved ordinance upholds a 1947 deed, prohibiting Escambia County from selling any publicly-owned part of Santa Rosa Island.”

Click here for news report.

So Escambia County already owns the beach but the commissioners were considering selling parts of it. That’s just a wee bit different than what Dave and Daniel would have you believe is taking place in Walton County.

So here’s the coattails part:

On Facebook, Dave Rauschkolb says, “Well put” to Daniel Uhlfelder’s comment,

"Great victory for Florida’s public beach use in Pensacola beach this week. Dianne Krumel is an American hero and beach soldier. She is an inspiration to me and others fighting for beach use in Walton county. She was viciously attacked and defamed by her opponents, but did not give up. Supporters of customary use in Walton County have also been viciously attacked and defamed but we’re not giving up either." Daniel Uhlfelder.

Dave continues on,

“We need your help to ensure all of our Walton County beaches remain open to the public forever. Please financially support our efforts at floridabeachesforall.org. We represent non beachfront owners and the beach going public in the Walton County Lawsuit to restore Customary Use to our beaches. We are fighting the fight for you and taking heat from wealthy, powerful entities determined to keep our beaches private. This is a president setting case that could pave the way for private beaches on Florida and the Nation. Please go to our website and donate whatever you can today! We are a 501c4 nonprofit. The funds are needed for legal and operating expenses.

Thank you! Floridabeachesforall.org

Dianne Krummel fought against the county to prevent them from selling off already owned public beach and making it private. Dave and Daniel are fighting with the county to take private beach and make it public.

IMHO, it’s an insult to Diane Krummel’s efforts of keeping publicly owned beach public - that Dave and Daniel are using her name to further their cause of destroying private property rights.

By the way, Uhlfelder said CU supporters were attacked and defamed. I won’t bring up the Nazi card thing. Ooops, just did.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I see where Florida Beaches for All is trying to ride the coattails of Diane Krumel whose organization successfully convinced Escambia County commissioners to not sell off publicly owned beaches for private development as well as keeping unleased county owned beach public.

The approved ordinance upholds a 1947 deed, prohibiting Escambia County from selling any publicly-owned part of Santa Rosa Island.”

So Escambia County already owns the beach but the commissioners were considering selling parts of it. That’s just a wee bit different than what Dave and Daniel would have you believe is taking place in Walton County.

"Great victory for Florida’s public beach use in Pensacola beach this week. Dianne Krumel is an American hero and beach soldier. She is an inspiration to me and others fighting for beach use in Walton county. She was viciously attacked and defamed by her opponents, but did not give up. Supporters of customary use in Walton County have also been viciously attacked and defamed but we’re not giving up either." Daniel Uhlfelder.

Dave continues on,

“We need your help to ensure all of our Walton County beaches remain open to the public forever. Please financially support our efforts at floridabeachesforall.org. We represent non beachfront owners and the beach going public in the Walton County Lawsuit to restore Customary Use to our beaches. We are fighting the fight for you and taking heat from wealthy, powerful entities determined to keep our beaches private. This is a president setting case that could pave the way for private beaches on Florida and the Nation. Please go to our website and donate whatever you can today! We are a 501c4 nonprofit. The funds are needed for legal and operating expenses.

Dianne Krummel fought against the county to prevent them from selling off already owned public beach and making it private. Dave and Daniel are fighting with the county to take private beach and make it public.

IMHO, it’s an insult to Diane Krummel’s efforts of keeping publicly owned beach public - that Dave and Daniel are using her name to further their cause of destroying private property rights.

By the way, Uhlfelder said CU supporters were attacked and defamed. I won’t bring up the Nazi card thing. Ooops, just did.
Not so fast there... As I have read the story he got his ass handed to him.
Representative Gaetz was involved in the Escambia County one also...
Gaetz bill for private beach ownership advances in Congress

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach

Dave continues on,

But what you clearly don’t have a clue about is it we are friends of Diane’s and she is an ally. Goodbye