• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
I would really like to have the county require all of the bike rental companies to issue high visibility green or orange helmets with all bike rentals. Or, better, a proactive rental company should just include the helmets. Being a rider myself, it stresses me when I see people on these rentals sans head/brain protection.

Praying for this young girl. Hope she makes a full recovery and lives an extraordinary life.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I would really like to have the county require all of the bike rental companies to issue high visibility green or orange helmets with all bike rentals. Or, better, a proactive rental company should just include the helmets. Being a rider myself, it stresses me when I see people on these rentals sans head/brain protection.

Praying for this young girl. Hope she makes a full recovery and lives an extraordinary life.
Florida law requires bicycle riders or passengers under the age of 16 to wear a helmet. I don't think I've ever seen this law enforced, though.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I am sure it represents a small minority of the bikes we see out and about, but some visitors have figured out that it is cheaper to buy a bike online, have it shipped down and assembled here and simply leave behind than to rent one.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
I believe most of the bike shops furnish helmets for minor children, but I don't see how bike shops can make people wear the helmets. And how would law enforcement enforce the helmet law anyway? Are they supposed to stop every bicyclist and see if they are over the age of 16?