• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MrSunshine

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2019
Seagrove Beach
Thank you for being reasonable and responsible.
As a local,I have established a savings account where money we would have spent on entertainment and eating out will be deposited (along with any money Uncle Sam may send). When this is over, every dime will be spent supporting local businesses that are being effected by this horrendous event.
Thanks again for your understanding!

RL41

Beach Lover
Mar 8, 2019
30A
"We have reservations for a weeks' stay exactly 31 days from now in a single-family home in a quiet Dune Allen neighborhood. We will be driving if we can still come, three women and a dog. We do not want to put any locals at risk. We would like to sit on our porch, walk the beach (not with the dog) and eat some good seafood, even if it only involves takeout. We would probably need a run through Publix, but otherwise no need to shop. Does this sound reasonable and doable? Renting through Dune Allen. They haven't posted or sent any updates on rescheduling folks and the reservation is supposed to be non-refundable. (I did see that another company is allowing date changes through the end of the year)"
EMILY: PLEASE DON'T COME TO THE BEACH!!!!!!!

Response: We are going to wait and come in the fall to keep everyone safe. I think y'all are going to want/need considerate tourists like us to come support your local businesses again down the road. I feel bad for the local businesses here and there that aren't going to survive, and tourism is going to be especially hard hit. (We will never be renting golf carts to cruise 30A or leaving trash/gear on the beach!)

Emily, good morning. While I would not quite have responded the way Mr Sunshine did, the underlying sentiment would have been the same. If you could see what is going on here right now....it's crazy. Literally thousands of teenagers swarming all over Seaside, Rosemary Beach, all up and down 30A. Given the current situation, it's quite an incredible sight. Many are hoping that with the beach closures, it will stem the flow of Spring Breakers, who seem determined to vacation no matter what. While it is terrible for the local economy, it is a necessary measure. You seem like a very nice, reasonable, considerate person. I hope that more visitors to our area will take a page from your book.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is keeping a close watch on all updates regarding COVID-19, just as you are. The health and safety of our guests and staff are and continue to be our top priority. In light of this, we will follow the guidelines set forth by officials from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Florida Department of Health (DOH).

We are open! Our private beaches remain open offering plenty of sunshine and saltwater along with the Beach House and Bayside pools. We are spacing out our beach set-ups and pool chairs and enforcing social distancing throughout the resort.

At Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, we believe in safe, responsible travel. Here is what we are doing regarding COVID-19:
  • We are committed to upholding the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation. Our staff is highly trained in cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting all common areas and private guestrooms, and is increasing the frequency of cleaning these, as well as commonly touched surfaces such as handrails, doorknobs, elevator buttons, remote controls, telephones, keyboards, etc.
  • Our restaurants remain open with spacious seating. We are taking additional precautions with enhanced sanitization protocols as well as adhering to the governor’s order to limit capacity to 50%. Many restaurants are offering take-out service.
As the status continues to unfold and the CDC, WHO and DOH continue to publish updates, we urge you to use your best judgment for your own safety and that of others during this time of uncertainty. We want to reassure you that we are taking precautions and enforcing measures to avoid the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.

As for our restaurants and bars on property, we continue to implement the utmost level of hygiene and sanitation practices. All our staff members are adhering to stringent rules and policies, such as frequent handwashing.

As we navigate this difficult time, we urge you to reach out with any questions or concerns regarding planning your beach vacation at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We hope you return soon.
Sandestin resort should be ashamed of themselves for not closing down everything

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Emily, good morning. While I would not quite have responded the way Mr Sunshine did, the underlying sentiment would have been the same. If you could see what is going on here right now....it's crazy. Literally thousands of teenagers swarming all over Seaside, Rosemary Beach, all up and down 30A. Given the current situation, it's quite an incredible sight. Many are hoping that with the beach closures, it will stem the flow of Spring Breakers, who seem determined to vacation no matter what. While it is terrible for the local economy, it is a necessary measure. You seem like a very nice, reasonable, considerate person. I hope that more visitors to our area will take a page from your book.
A worker in Seaside this morning said Seaside was a ghost town last night. There was an 8pm curfew for the town so that may account for it because yesterday during the day it was crowded in town. It was quiet this morning but I was there about 730. Usually there are a lot of early risers and exercisers but mostly the town is quiet until after 10.

200320-seaside-007-sowal-2000.jpg