• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
As of the DOH 10:30 am update, Walton County has no additional positive tests for a total of 29 positive cases. There have been a total of 357 tests with 327 negatives. We currently have 1 test pending.
Santa Rosa Beach (9), DeFuniak Springs (4), Miramar Beach (3), Freeport (3), Paxton (1), Missing (1)

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Kurt, thank you for all the VOVID-19 updates.

Do you (or anyone else) know how many of the 29 positive cases have recovered?
Any idea of average recovery time from positive test? (if so we could take historical records of when cases confirmed and draw conclusions on current number of active cases in Walton County). Seems like number of active cases would be a really important number to know and that someone in Walton County would be tracking it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Kurt, thank you for all the VOVID-19 updates.

Do you (or anyone else) know how many of the 29 positive cases have recovered?
Any idea of average recovery time from positive test? (if so we could take historical records of when cases confirmed and draw conclusions on current number of active cases in Walton County). Seems like number of active cases would be a really important number to know and that someone in Walton County would be tracking it.
Data is from Walton County Health Department.
Florida Department of Health in Walton

I would also like more detail. I am encouraged that we haven't had new cases this week. And since most of our cases were from before this week and we haven't had any known deaths I hope that most have recovered. Also I believe most, if not all, of our 6 hospitalizations were from early on.
However I don't know details on testing, quantity, or pending.

I keep an eye on this data
ArcGIS Dashboards
I fear most of the nice looking bell curves in the more populous counties may reflect a first wave of testing. Some of them look like they are heading up again and that may be due to more tests coming in. There is a tab with number of test per county but it is not over time.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
From MedMd.com

"It may take 2 weeks for your body to get over the illness. That’s the average recovery time for mild cases, according to the World Health Organization. For those with severe or critical cases, recovery can take up to 6 weeks."

So using the 3/31/2020 numbers Kurt provided (18 cases) and 2 weeks for the average case (realizing critical cases will take much longer) and with 29 reported cases, we may have around 11 active cases and 18 recovered? Ball park at least until the actual data is found.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
From MedMd.com

"It may take 2 weeks for your body to get over the illness. That’s the average recovery time for mild cases, according to the World Health Organization. For those with severe or critical cases, recovery can take up to 6 weeks."

So using the 3/31/2020 numbers Kurt provided (18 cases) and 2 weeks for the average case (realizing critical cases will take much longer) and with 29 reported cases, we may have around 11 active cases and 18 recovered? Ball park at least until the actual data is found.
That figure is only based on the number of people tested, which, in itself, is weighted towards infected people who show symptoms, which seems to be a criteria for being tested. You have to assume there are people that have it and don’t show symptoms. But there is little doubt we are fortunate to have fairly successful distancing in place.

Last edited: