• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Agreed, on sunbathing. Are the code enforcers in their new trucks and deputies going to go around telling folks they can’t sunbathe? More creating hoops to jump through by “leaders”. Kind of like the fun house entrance ritual at Walmarts .
Your snarky comments are not helpful or welcome here. Good neighbors and County employees will do our best to pull together and get through this with kindness and respect.

sunny850

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2012
People, if you are afraid of a “spike in cases” or want the “government to keep you safe” there’s a simple answer. Self quarantine, stay inside with your mask and gloves on. You do have control of your own actions. Stop trying to force your mindset on others.
Oh, I am not concerned about myself or my family at all. I am a local teacher, working remotely and my husband has a job where he too can work from home. I don’t wear a mask or gloves, but I am cautious about where I go and how close I am to people. My concern is for the people who earn their living by coming in close contact with others, such as the extremely nice, and often older, baggers at our local Publix, or the folks who clean the hotel rooms daily. Opening the beaches is going to expose them to a lot more people quickly. You seem angry, Mr. Webb, but I’m not - Just truly concerned about others in my community.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I'm not concerned about going to the beach right now. My concern is for the 26 million plus Americans who have lost their jobs or can't operate their businesses. I pray that this nightmare will be over soon.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
A huge part of the problem is that Walton County has no control *at all* over vacation rentals; the influx of people from major metro areas as soon as the vacation rental ban expires is going to cause the biggest problem of all and the county has no power to address it.
EXACTLY! I could care less if the beaches are open as long as the short term rentals stay closed for a bit longer. We have shown by our low infection numbers that we can be grownup and do the right thing. But I have absolutely ZERO confidence that our "visitors" will do the same. I have always said that there is a troll under the 331 bridge that makes most of the tourists that come across it to check their brain/common sense with him/her.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
EXACTLY! I could care less if the beaches are open as long as the short term rentals stay closed for a bit longer. We have shown by our low infection numbers that we can be grownup and do the right thing. But I have absolutely ZERO confidence that our "visitors" will do the same. I have always said that there is a troll under the 331 bridge that makes most of the tourists that come across it to check their brain/common sense with him/her.
Totally agree.. lack of respect for our environment, our beaches, and our authorities who work hard to enforce civility.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Please be advised that the Walton County Board of County Commissioners will hold an Emergency Meeting on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. This meeting will be held at the Walton County Courthouse, located at 571 US Highway 90, DeFuniak Springs, FL.

The purpose of this meeting is for the Walton County Board of County Commissioners to consider revising the activities allowed on the beach under Resolution 2020-35, which adopted on April 28, 2020 and reopens the beaches in Walton County effective May 1, 2020.

This meeting will be open to the public on a limited basis in order to adhere to proper social distancing protocols.

Due to the limited seating capacity, this meeting will also be accessible to the public via “Zoom”.

To participate via Zoom, please see the directions that follow.

Please click the link below to join the webinar:

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting now

Or iPhone one-tap :

US: +19292056099,,84508399609# or +13017158592,,84508399609#

Or Telephone:

Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

US: +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799

Webinar ID: 845 0839 9609

Sweet Pot Pie

Beach Comber
Aug 26, 2013
Totally agree.. lack of respect for our environment, our beaches, and our authorities who work hard to enforce civility.

Some of us "visitors" are respectful, pick up litter on the beach, tip our servers well, donate to groups like South Walton Turtle Watch and The REP, and invest in the area. This area that I have loved for many many years is looking less than hospitable these days.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Some of us "visitors" are respectful, pick up litter on the beach, tip our servers well, donate to groups like South Walton Turtle Watch and The REP, and invest in the area. This area that I have loved for many many years is looking less than hospitable these days.
Continue doing the right thing when you visit…you don’t live here all the time and have no clue on what goes on.. if you did you’d feel the same way we do...It’s easy to close your eyes to things or not pay attention when you’re on vacation it’s a different story when you live somewhere full-time. If anyone has invested in the area it’s the people who own homes and businesses here…