• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Public Beach Accesses on Blue Mountain Beach Road - these are on the county website, TDC and maps. They are maintained by bed tax paid by rental owners in Blue Mountain Beach and all over SoWal.

Blue Lake Road Access
Seagrade Road Access
Gulf Point Road Access
Blue Mountain Regional Access

@steel1man you should be ashamed and banned from this site.
You obviously do not of what you speak. These accesses you speak of are only for “Old Blue Mountain “ resistance and guess. Prove me wrong.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
You obviously do not of what you speak. These accesses you speak of are only for “Old Blue Mountain “ resistance and guess. Prove me wrong.
You are fake news. They are public accesses and it is people like you who try to keep people off of the beach who are ruining our lovely community. All of the beaches are open to all people and all public accesses are open to all people. Stop your lies you should be ashamed. Your posts should be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
So do vacation rental owners think with these conditions that people are going to continue to come to the area to pay crazy high prices to rent homes/condos and then not be able to access the beach or have to drive to an overly crowded public beach access? I think not. Such a shame.
You've clearly never been to a beach along the eastern seaboard. A large volume of our tourist base revels in exclusivity and it's a driving force for coming.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I can't say for sure how crowded it is. Also I'm not sure about the width of public beach and/or the properties to the east and west and whether you can spread out. It might be a good idea for me to survey our accesses during season and make notes on our access pages about surrounding properties.
Ramsgate Access

As a general rule, July is going to be crowded at most accesses - especially between 10 am and 4 pm.
Here is a photo of Ramsgate yesterday about 1 pm. There are quite a few people in town this week but nothing like spring break or summer.

210501-seagrove-101-sowal-2000.jpg

sdenly

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
You've clearly never been to a beach along the eastern seaboard. A large volume of our tourist base revels in exclusivity and it's a driving force for coming.
It used to be exclusive and quaint, but it is over populated now. Really sad. Beautiful area, but who wants to sit three rows back in chairs with hundreds of other people and no view of the ocean. We only come now in the off season. I lived there 10 years ago and have been vacationing in the area for 25 years. Honestly, it's not worth the money to me to come in June or July anymore.

sdenly

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Get use to it.... Walton County could care less..... they and the beach vendor mafia created it... Navarre beach is nice
Yep! We stayed in Fort Walton last week and drove over to check out Navarre. And you got that beach vendor mafia right! I was happy to see that they have done away with all the vendors on Crab Island though.