• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
SueShore:

I hope it's not red tide!!!!! :shock: I didn't feel that good yesterday.
I feel alot better today!

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
Glad you're better. It may well be red tide. Enjoy that wine CoS!:clap_1:

I am right now!!!!! :clap_1: Kids are watching a movie and hubby fell asleep... :rotfl: I'm the party animal of the family!

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Smiling JOe said:
Wow! What a great outpour of support -- makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Thanks.

I guess I can see why some people may feel like I was upset, but in reality, I was just being honest and meant no ill will toward anyone. Please accept my appologies if you feel I slighted you. I sure didn't mean it to sound negative toward your biking visit, Sea Star. I'm just trying to shorten your list of to-do's and to-sees. If you are around on the weekend, you should ride up hwy 3280, in Freeport, to have a beer on the deck of the Outpost. You cannot miss it it is on the river, with plenty of motorcycle parking.:D
:cool: Thanks Joe. I didn't mean to cause such a stir, it just came across to me like we were idiots or something because we didn't know where Ed Walline is. You are right - doesn't sound like a big deal. I hear it mentioned a lot, and Gulf Place, and have seen GP, just didn't know what it was called. Thanks for the bike ride info. We probably won't spend a lot of time riding (would rather be on the beach) but that sounds like a neat place. :D

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
If that was an appology to SS, I'm sure that she will appreciate it! For the record SJ, we were not alone, in taking your comments that way. But, that's in the past and today is another great day! :clap_1:

'
Smiling JOe said:
I certainly did not intend my language to be offensive. I simply mean that Ed Walline Park is nothing to see - just a parking lot, a couple of picknic tables with construction workers and a beach walkover that is in disrepair. You most certainly are welcome to check it out, but Grayton Beach is much prettier.

I am actually having a good day Diane4145, and I am not being snooty.

Unless Ed Walline park is a place where something special happened in your life, it is uneventful.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Diane4145 said:
What's so hard about, "not sounding snobbish"? I live off of 30A, but that doesn't give me the right, to be "snobbish"! :nono1: Attitudes like that are not only snobbish, but totally classless! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: SS, I agree, it is a "free country". But, people like this can make people like us, not want to associate with, people like them! :lol: We're not all like that! :welcome:

Diane, just curious, why do you think SJ would need to apologize to Sea Star? His comments were only unclear and confusing (to some on this board who don't know the area as well) and not intentionally offensive. All he needed to do was clarify. Which he did when he returned to his computer, in his typically pleasant manner.

Yet you jumped to conclusions and called his post "classless." I think if anything, you owe SJ an apology for being so quick to think ill of him, despite all he does for people -- strangers! -- on this board.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
TooFarTampa said:
Diane, just curious, why do you think SJ would need to apologize to Sea Star? His comments were only unclear and confusing (to some on this board who don't know the area as well) and not intentionally offensive. All he needed to do was clarify. Which he did when he returned to his computer, in his typically pleasant manner.

Yet you jumped to conclusions and called his post "classless." I think if anything, you owe SJ an apology for being so quick to think ill of him, despite all he does for people -- strangers! -- on this board.

:clap_1:

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Warning! :eek: RANT MODE: Everybody just be yourselves and don't let anyone scare anybody on this board into 'proper' behavior. We're all adults more or less (me less - second childhood you know!) and if you can't take the heat take 2 prozac and try, try again. We all have our bad days and our good days and are common or snooty and right-wingers and liberals and that's what makes us individuals and not pretty little political correctness robots out to not harm anybody's feelings. Go screw yourself into the wall if you don't like me, or what I do, or what I say. I accept you just as you are and you can like me or not, I won't mind. I listen to you words and weigh them according to my experience and I may agree with them or not but they will not affect me in the long run as I am the result of my experiences not yours. I am me and you are you and so we go on, into the sunset at grayton with the blaring car stereos and cold water slopping coolers and the tents in the dunes and surf fishing tourists trying to catch the beachgoers instead of fish and the red tide and the biting flies and we try to ignore it all and have fun anyway. I like myself just fine, and I like you all too, just the way you are. 'Don't go changing to try and please me', and dont trip over your words trying to be polite or try to change my mind or the way I feel about something and remember that opinions are not permanent and nobody's trying to make you think a certain way and there are more things in this world that sting besides jellyfish. Use your brain, trust your feelings Luke and think for yourself. Like a lit paper bag on the mayor's lawn, it's what's inside that counts!

Wow, do I feel better!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Awww ya'll! I adore Joe! Big hug Joe Joe you wealth of knowledge! :clap_1:

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
luvthebeach said:
SJ I took your comment just as you explained, but I decided to keep my nose out of this one! :blink:
...or, to use one of your favorites..... :popcorn: :popcorn:
I totally agree! Everyone is being a little sensitive these days. Chill!!! The last thing Joe is is snobbish. How ridiculous! That is a laugh. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.