• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
Will do. If she sounds bad tomorrow, I'm taking her chicken soup!

Thank goodness she has the whole month to get over it. And y'all can get back to hanging out and misbehaving!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
gotothebeachmom said:
Nah! Been there done that! Poor SS is really sick.:sosad: She sounds like Darth Vader on a really bad day!!

GTTBM, could it be the effects of the Red Tide, or is it better now. Please tell her I hope she feels better real soon!!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
kathydwells said:
GTTBM, could it be the effects of the Red Tide, or is it better now. Please tell her I hope she feels better real soon!!

We're not sure. She was out and about with Molly girl on Sunday and Monday. So could be? She sounds worse today than she did yesterday. She thinks she may have picked up a bug from her daughter.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
gotothebeachmom said:
Nah! Been there done that! Poor SS is really sick.:sosad: She sounds like Darth Vader on a really bad day!!

Did you say darth vader?

The funn's should send Laner over with some Matzo Ball soup in honor of Roshashanna. Mazel Tov!

Tell her we're thinking about her. It's not the same without her!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Kimmifunn said:
The funn's should send Laner over with some Matzo Ball soup in honor of Roshashanna. Mazel Tov!

Did you say darth vader? I think that's what I said?!? Did I spell it wrong?

I will this will be better than chicken soup and a get well card!

Kimmifunn said:
Did you say darth vader?

Our daughter is so excited today - her GA Tech classes got cancelled due to Rosh Hashana. She is such a Methodist that she had no clue what that is. I mean, there is not one Jewish person in our town. We, on the other hand, went to "Jew-lane University" (aka Tu-lane), so people assume my husband and I are Jewish, which is okay with us. No matter how hard you try, if you live in a small town, it's hard to prevent your children from being provincial.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Beach Runner said:
Our daughter is so excited today - her GA Tech classes got cancelled due to Rosh Hashana. She is such a Methodist that she had no clue what that is. I mean, there is not one Jewish person in our town. We, on the other hand, went to "Jew-lane University" (aka Tu-lane), so people assume my husband and I are Jewish, which is okay with us. No matter how hard you try, if you live in a small town, it's hard to prevent your children from being provincial.

My first job up here was at an agency and the majority of my co-workers were Jewish...mostly from Long Island and NJ. It was actually cool being exposed to something different. My bosses last name was Shriftman. Hello!

By the time I left the gentiles outnumbered the jews. But I think the jews may be back on top!

Kimmifunn said:
My first job up here was at an agency and the majority of my co-workers were Jewish...mostly from Long Island and NJ. It was actually cool being exposed to something different. My bosses last name was Shriftman. Hello!

By the time I left the gentiles outnumbered the jews. But I think the jews may be back on top!
My husband was a "social affiliate" for a Jewish frat at Tulane. He's 6'8" and played intramural sports for them because they hd the best parties. The Gentile frats at Tulane had keg parties; the Sigma Alpha Mu's had open-bar Chivas, whatever (and anything else you might imagine) parties. One of our best buds at SAM got a plane for his 21st birthday. When we got bored in NOLA, we could just get on the plane and fly to the beach or wherever.

Yup, NYC is definitely a culture shock for us GRITS (Girls Raised In The South). But, like you said, in a cool way. Except at Columbia University, on my daughter's list of schools to apply to. But we didn't like the superior attitude of the NYC Jewish students there when we visited, as in, anyone not from "The City" is from the farm. That attitude didn't exist at Tulane, at least when we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.