• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
kurt said:
My air handler also has a permanent-type filter at the base of the unit that you can only get to by removing the front panel of the unit, although I can look underneath and see it. I clean it a couple of times a year. If you have one like mine and you don't know about that filter, it's probably thick with dust and dirt.

This is not about the filter for the heating apparatus, but the refrigerator: ours was thick with dust and dirt on its backside. Friges are hard to pull out so no one bothers to clean the drip pan or the grills. Ours had 20 years of accumulated grime and it was so gross to clean! A big yuckkk of a job.

I think Beach Runner hit the nail on the head. No one takes care of property, no matter how much you pay them, as much as the owner. You have to be on top of things all the time or they'll go to pot.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
this thread has to get the #1 funny award for filters with cleavage.

absolutely priceless :funn:

I'll be at the St. Andrews State Park boat ramp tomorrow at 10:00 AM for another GROUPER MADNESS session - 12 hours of Grouper, Grouper, Grouper and whatever else we can catch. c ya ot thr!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
aquaticbiology said:
12 hours of Grouper, Grouper, Grouper and whatever else we can catch. c ya ot thr!

I hate you. :pissed:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
aquaticbiology said:
sometimes I even hate myself, or at least feel highly guilty

IT"S GROUPER MADNESS!!!!!!

You ever catch grouper that have those worms in them? I've seen that mainly when fishing off the east coast, not in the gulf. But I have caught Amberjack that had them in the tails.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Beach Runner said:
Heck, for the next home invasion, I've already planned where I'll hide my big diamond ring! Actually, on second thought, some guys like to go there. EWWWW! So maybe I should re-think the plan.

I do travel with a gun in the glove compartment when I'm alone.

If you get pulled over in GA, you better take it out and set it on the seat, because that is considered a consealed weapon. :D

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Landlocked said:
You ever catch grouper that have those worms in them? I've seen that mainly when fishing off the east coast, not in the gulf. But I have caught Amberjack that had them in the tails.

sorry for the delay, I actually had to 'do something' at work yesterday!

yeah, no grouper worms I know of, but jacks are bad for the worms in the tail - I usually just cut the tail off and tie it on for bait

hang on - here:

http://www.seagrantfish.lsu.edu/biological/dolphins/almacojack.htm

"Like other amberjacks, it may occasionally have infestations of tapeworms encysted in the muscle near the tail. Although the worms will not harm people, the infested areas may be cut away and discarded."

glad to know since I've eaten so many, probably with a few microscopic wormlies in them too

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Smiling JOe said:
I bet you were also wondering where to deliver the heating fuel.:funn:

No coal chute for the coal furnace?? :funn: Just kidding.

When working to get a pool heater added to our pool, I too was suprised the other day to find out that my house is all electric with no natural gas. So, our heat/furnace must be a heat pump (electric) and out hot water heater must be electric too. Oh well...the things you learn when you buy beach property. :cool:

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
Jun 26, 2005
Atlanta/Seaside
Since we were building new and were told that a very high percentage of home damage on the shore is from water heaters failing, we put in a gas fired tankless water heater. So we are not endlessly heating a tank of water when we are not even there.

We have 3 bathrooms and with three teens and friends it has worked GREAT. Never run out of hot water, and have never hit capacity yet with too many faucets on. :clap_1: