• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
While in Publix today I overheard a woman (visitor) that was complaining (well... more like a word that is filtered on this site) because she was told by the VRBO homeowner that they would not take their stuff off the beach but they went back down there today to find about $100 worth of stuff removed. But was saying that she was there to but more stuff to take down to the beach. I wonder if she is going to leave it overnight AGAIN?

I refer you to the definition of insanity.

(holding nose to create same pitch)
Ms. Harris has made it farely clear that Edgewater Beach Resort is home to environmentally irresponsible folks who don't care about their surroundings.
/sarcasm off/

Seriously though I don't care if those posts have been there 25 years or 50, turtles have been nesting on our beaches for 1,000s of years.

P.S. According to the Walton PA the building was built in 1985, apparently the construction crews enjoyed volleyball as well.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How is something that has been there for 25 years and is embedded 10' into the ground a "temporary structure"? :dunno:

Seems rather permanent to me and since they did it sans permit should be paying a fine! ;-)

danna B

Beach Comber
May 6, 2008
mack bayou
I for the life of me cant understand why people are pitching such a fit to take their crap off the beach. It is what it is, I take kids, and they can play with what they can carry. I take an umbrella and a chair (i have skin grafts) and I take it home with me, no big deal. I was born in South Walton and lived here my whole life as others have. I just simply dont get it. I say zero tolerance. Anything on the beach goes as of sundown......we should rally locals from all areas of the beach to take it all home after sundown. Eventually some of us could open a local store to sell it and use the money to help the beach somehow. I dont see any other alternative. The legal limbo of rights will go on as long as we are alive. Too many grey areas, no black and white. OVER THROW THE TUERONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for some reason, the commissioners only care about the north end of the county when the south end brings in the revenue. I dont get that either.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
At least humans can see a tent in the dark... I wonder how many people have hurt themselves stepping into holes left by kids, compelled by some genetic thing to dig. I fill them in at sunset as I leave the beach, almost daily. I tell my clients that holes are a hazard. They seem genuinely surprised.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't understand the issue either - it's the government version of "if you don't pick up your toys, you'll lose your toys!" :dunno:

That crap is a major safety hazard to humans and wildlife!

danna B

Beach Comber
May 6, 2008
mack bayou
yea, I am with you. My kids dig, and yes boys are compelled to dig. (i think they channel some inner dog, they bark too!) but I do make them fill it, along with my skin grafts I also acquired a metal rod in my leg and god forbid me step in a hole. I think I might kill someone. If we all picked up other trash than ours, filled the freakin holes, and took the tourists crap....just a little bit everyday, we may have our beach back. If it was left up to them they would destroy it just like they have PC, which would be a tragedy. :lolabove:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
People can argue all day long they have a right to leave stuff on the beach or leave holes, and that their rights are more important then a turtle's rights or the rights of someone walking on the beach. But no person can get away with arguing that they can leave stuff or holes on the beach because emergency vehicles don't need a clear and safe path.

Therein lies the key to level, clutter-free, safe beaches.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
People can argue all day long they have a right to leave stuff on the beach or leave holes, and that their rights are more important then a turtle's rights or the rights of someone walking on the beach. But no person can get away with arguing that they can leave stuff or holes on the beach because emergency vehicles don't need a clear and safe path.

Therein lies the key to level, clutter-free, safe beaches.
Very true! Unfortunately, there are other reasons just as good, but any thing that works is acceptable.

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
www.waltondemocrats.org/?q=node/222

Here is a link to the video from the Tuesday BCC meeting, regarding "Leave No Trace Ordinance," courtesy of Ray Padgett and www.WaltonDemocrats.org I really like what the one beach front owner states about the being for everyone.

Thanks for the link SJ. I so wanted to attend this meeting but this stupid flu I?ve had has kept me home.

It really makes you appreciate Com. Meadows and Com. Comander. I was also glad to see Mr. Anderson and the lady from 4 Mile Village speak up as voices of reason amidst some that weren?t.