• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Can somebody explain to me how this thing works? I mean, is it suppose to scare the bad guys to death? Someone earlier said it has no weapons, so I guess it just transports people from one place to another, in relative security, but then they have to deploy, and do something outside of this vehicle to defuse the situation. I'm reviewing all the police movies I've ever seen in my life, and this just isn't anywhere in them.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Seaducer, why don't you concern yourself with Okaloosa county politics? Your last Sheriff was a real winner too.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
It's funny when big government liberals hate local government authority.

This is a purely defensive "toy" if you are in fear of it you are equally in fear of bullet proof vests for cops

I am no fan of over reaching government at any level, unlike yourself, but buying a half million dollar "toy" for two grand to protect local cops in the event of a well armed standoff doesn't bother me. If they didn't buy them they would be given for free to an allied force or melted down, donating them to orphanages wouldn't be very effective or plausible.

Odd that you find it some sort of tool against drugs, I don't even get the connection.

If you read the thread you would have seen the reference and gotten the connection.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I was taught that you can't get something for nothing and if a deal sounds to good to be true it probably is. I'm no conspiracy guy but a $498,000 discount raises questions from the hairs on the back of my neck.

At the very least it's just a big good ole boy toy but the boys have guns.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I'm sure one day everyone will be saying "I don't know how we ever got along without this contraption" NOT!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
What do you mean "virtually crime free"!!!! We have wild eyed vigilantes actually moving vacant beach chairs, in broad daylight!!!!

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
If you get busted for moving a beach chair, you can bargain by revealing your accomplices. They really are after the ringleader.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
My accomplice was the bicycle guy that ran through the crowded crosswalk, and cursed. He was the one in the tight pants.