• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Delusional? You doing introspection for a change?

Human right that has existed for centuries? Must be nice to be in possession of divine knowledge. I think it abundantly clear you neither know nor care what the law says.

Ruining property values? Talk to the BCC and your buddies on that one, pal. You will note the Assessors opinion to the contrary and reconcile that how?

And I presume the ordinary people you are so sure were on the beaches in question at the times in question had signs or labels, big ones, identifying them as trespassers were in fact present and set up on the dry sand. Oh, you have an affidavit with documentation, I forgot. You do have documentation, right?

Take a deep breath. Your cerebrum could use some oxygen.

I have the Miller Report for the ancient part. I have a pretty good hunch that 8,000 affidavits might be examined to prove people were enjoying these beaches during the general times I’m talking about. I do not have day to Day info and neither do you. My point is the people that have bought property here through the ages have been aware of the friendly freedom and unobstructed customary use. Please provide documentation of anything that would disprove this. And do it in court, not here.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
This is offensive. This is what the mob does on Visions group. Next you'll be trying to find my employer and have me fired.

Shannon
Why is it offensive for a citizen to research info that is recorded and provided for public viewing?:dunno:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Prior to HB631 there were two rulings in Walton County in two separate cases that upheld Customary Use. One was the "Alford" case and I don't know the name of the other one. The Blessey Case, the Federal Case filed a few months ago with the aim to have Customary Use ruled unconstitutional was just dismissed. Those are the cases I am referring to. So far it's 3 to zero in favor of Customary Use. I am wary of anyone touting "compromise" instead of letting the Judge decide after our BCC votes to proceed.

Dave Rauschkolb, wrong again. There has been NO “... cases that upheld Customary Use.” If you can not remember the name of the cases I doubt you read them, much less understood them.

In summary the first Federal case, not "in Walton County", you site challenged; Walton beach sign ordinance violated beachfront owner’s Constitutionally protected Amendment I rights and challenged commissioner’s customary use ordinance.

The beachfront owners prevailed on count one and the court ruled Walton commissioner’s beach sign ordinance violated owners Constitutional First Amendment rights and struck down the commissioner's ordinance text that violated owner rights. March 2018 the court ruled the customary use challenge was found moot following passage of HB631 preventing local government from violating owners customary use due process rights and prevented elected commissioners from declaring customary use without due process in court FIRST as Plaintiffs with the burden of proof.

The other recent Federal case you site I summarized previously. The court said the case was not ripe because Walton had not acted to litigate customary use in the state court yet, although we all know the hearing and vote is a formality, no doubt the commissioners will litigate, and was dismissed “without prejudice”. Which can be litigated again when it becomes ripe in November.

I agree NO compromise. Should the commissioners litigate and beachfront owners property rights prevail I for one will enforce my private property rights to the fullest extent of the law. No more grace and free use to trash, drive, smoke, leave pet waste, or human waste.

You are ZERO (0) for 3 on your legal analysis. If you think of the other case post it here. Facts not fluff or you should stick to serving beer; not legal analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
I have the Miller Report for the ancient part. I have a pretty good hunch that 8,000 affidavits might be examined to prove people were enjoying these beaches during the general times I’m talking about. I do not have day to Day info and neither do you. My point is the people that have bought property here through the ages have been aware of the friendly freedom and unobstructed customary use. Please provide documentation of anything that would disprove this. And do it in court, not here.
Walton commissioners (and you) have the burden of proof under the rules of evidence in court - not beachfront owners.

Have you or @ShallowsNole found proof of the County's control line (CCL) regulations from your previous post? Goes to your expertise and credibility. But I could be wrong - prove it - don't say it.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
According to sunbiz.org....Lince doesnt even own BF. But to be honest I havent checked the property records of Walton CO. so it could be that she just hasnt updated her business info with the state.
How do you know? Could be a Trust or LLC with a different name. DOES NOT MATTER regardless.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Walton commissioners (and you) have the burden of proof under the rules of evidence in court - not beachfront owners.

Have you or @ShallowsNole found proof of the County's control line (CCL) regulations from your previous post? Goes to your expertise and credibility. But I could be wrong - prove it - don't say it.
I’m not sure it’s that relevant to any of this. You just seem to want to think you know everything. And I expect that’s really not the case.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Your posts have ZERO credibility with comments like this.
I got another open question for you, since there seems to be real evidence that Rick Scott's Red Tide is heading this way in medium concentrations (which could go higher at any time), who is gonna clean up the f**king dead fish? You? In Panama City Beach, I have heard, they have trucks that vacuum them up every morning. So now it appears your arrogance could cause a public health crisis. Unintended consequences can be very unfortunate.

Last edited: