• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

dunefrog

Beach Lover
Aug 9, 2008
You would have to have a net worth of a lot more than 13 million to not totally freak out about a 13 million dollar investment sitting right where a hurrican could easily wipe it off the face of the earth. I don't know how rich you have to be though. Maybe 100 million or more? Beautiful place. I'm sure they'll enjoy it whoever they are.

I know this was a old comment and thread but I'm curious. Anyone familiar with this house/lot able to estimate the elevation above sea level for this place? Curious because my place is similarly situated: behind tree-fortified dunes, next to a dune lake and is at 18ft above sea level. I never thought "a hurricane could easily wipe it off the face of the earth" at that elevation. Any thoughts?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I know this was a old comment and thread but I'm curious. Anyone familiar with this house/lot able to estimate the elevation above sea level for this place? Curious because my place is similarly situated: behind tree-fortified dunes, next to a dune lake and is at 18ft above sea level. I never thought "a hurricane could easily wipe it off the face of the earth" at that elevation. Any thoughts?

If you are close to the gulf, especially if you are on top of sand / dunes, you can get undermined no matter how high you are. Storm surges over 18 feet are possible also.