• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Greater--

Interesting post. Congrats on such a great return on investment. Not many places you can get those returns.

As for me, I am considering whether or not to lower my asking price.

On the one hand we love our home--it is so easy to have a second home. Avoiding the rental hassles of packing, checking in, checking out, having the occasional rental property surprise, etc, etc. It's comfortable coming and going as we choose. On the other hand, pocketing a huge gain and renting in the future also has its positives. Flexibility to go different places, rent different homes or condos, etc. I am definitely conflicted. We don't need the gain, but its hard to walk away from 100% gain over a short period of time, especially when I am of the opinion that the market has peaked and is likely to fall.

We never bought the home as an investment originally. We wanted to have a place to come year in and year out. But, the large runup in prices got us thinking enough to put the home on the market. At some dollar figure, I will definitely sell. At another dollar figure, I will definitely hold and just enjoy the home.

We'll see what happens. If we sell, I have a sneaking suspicion as you do, that we will be able to reinvest at lower prices in the future.