• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Re: Bad wreck on 331 - beware

InletBchDweller said:
Um yes I am a woman http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS :D

YOU dont know me..or where I have come from ....or what I have done to get to where I am today..so dont dog me by where I live, I feel that I have been blessed to be where I am today.

Yes some people do call Inlet Beach the projects of SoWal so I dont feel that you are too far off the mark. THere are million $$ houses and then a trailer next door... thanks though ladydebubba for defending my neighborhood :love:

If you have a problem with women drivers from Dothan and Louisiana drivers then something bad must have happened to make you feel this way--- HOWEVER you can not say that all of them are bad, just the ones that affected your life directly in a negative way. I am not going to hate all Freeport male drivers or avoid the 331 bridge b/c of this but I can dislike and hope the male driver who was responsible gets what is coming to him.

I mean are we all going to stop drinking Margaritas because the guy was Mexican??? :dunno: No but we can find him, tar & feather him and I am sure 30A Skunkape knows of a good swamp....how bout Manchac???? eyeeee!!!

NOW on the subject about this thread. Mango I called my renters all day driving in from Kentucky worried about how they were. Thanks for telling me I was wrong and that there was a son but now it is double sad 2 kids....I wish there was something we could do....

Next time just state your problem and not beat around the bush about it...
(thats a southern saying in case ya didnt know :D )

Inletbeachdweller, we rent every year in Inlet Beach. I love the area. Like the peace and quiet we have where we stay. Do you know someone by the name of T.C. and Pat Hager? It is their place we rent every time we come and we love it. Where in Inlet Beach do you stay?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

Yes I do to LOVE Inlet Beach although it has a lonnnnnnnnnng way to go before it is like 30-A. Anyway pat hagler sounds familiar, have they been in the area a while?? We have had our place down here since the late 70's. I live on the north side of 98 on (taken out due to Mangos love :love: )...

ladydebubba60 said:
Inletbeachdweller, we rent every year in Inlet Beach. I love the area. Like the peace and quiet we have where we stay. Do you know someone by the name of T.C. and Pat Hager? It is their place we rent every time we come and we love it. Where in Inlet Beach do you stay?

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
FLORIDAZ.......besides being a moron, you are also an illiterate. "your the moron..."
it is not your.... but "you're" as in you are. SHMUCK.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
JB said:
This is just really horrible. And this kind of thing happens far too often. When we are in SoWal, I don't even let my wife venture off 30-A because it is so dangerous.

Prayers for this family.

I agree. I went over to Destin Commons when I was down there last week, and you would not believe the number of cars which ran the red light at the intersection of 98 and 30-A! Not to mention how fast everyone drives on 98, some drivers must have been doing at least 75 or better. I have come to expect this out of Atlanta drivers, but I do not want to have anxiety attacks while I am on vacation.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Thank you everyone for your kind words and orayers. Your concern for the family involved and our feelings is demonstrative of the warmth, sincerety and quality of people who encompass posting on this site.

I suppose this really stuck a cord for us more so because on 9/11 I lost my business partner in Tower 2 who had left behind 2 children and a wife suffering from breast cancer. Their daughter was the same age as the Rook's daughter.

I suppose God works in strange ways and He only knows why he took the Rooks. Oddly, my neighbor whose house Margie Rook's best friend rented, was moving in permanently to SoWal with her family. I was terribly concerned about her coming in on the busiest weekend of the year with a moving truck.

If anything, I hope people in the area will will think a little longer and harder about getting behind the wheel after consuming alcohol. Yes, in New York this man would serve prison time and I hear now our Governor is making the laws stiffer even so for vehicular manslaughter. I don't know what the laws are in Florida, but I hope they throw the book at him, and I hope if he has some conscious, after time served, does something to perhaps stop someone else from getting behind the wheel drunk.

My husband and I are not sure, but we are considering changing our rental week from Sat-Sat to Sunday to Sunday. Perhaps this may be a safer day to travel.

Once again, thanks for your concern.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have read these posts, but not the Sun's full story. Anytime someone dies around here, we are all at a loss. This is a small town, very small, and chances are that someone killed may be a close friend. Not so in this case but I am still saddened for all involved, their families and their friends.

For you guys who think the drunk driver's life isn't changed from this terrible event, I ask you to think about how easily you could have been you. There are plenty of drivers who are too intoxicated to drive. Independence Day is quickly approaching and I am sure we will see more drunk drivers on the roads in the next week as people begin celebrating.

Someone mentioned that this is a reminder to stay focused until they arrive at their beach house. I ask you to stay focused during your entire visit to our area. Too many people remove their thinking cap when they leave their house. Accidents happen on 30A as well, and in my opinion there is plenty of opportunity to die on 30A. I see pedestrians darting out from behind parked cars all the time.

This accident is one small reminder of what to do and what not to do. Please remember it for a long time.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

InletBchDweller said:
Um yes I am a woman http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS :D

YOU dont know me..or where I have come from ....or what I have done to get to where I am today..so dont dog me by where I live, I feel that I have been blessed to be where I am today.

Yes some people do call Inlet Beach the projects of SoWal so I dont feel that you are too far off the mark. THere are million $$ houses and then a trailer next door... thanks though ladydebubba for defending my neighborhood :love:

If you have a problem with women drivers from Dothan and Louisiana drivers then something bad must have happened to make you feel this way--- HOWEVER you can not say that all of them are bad, just the ones that affected your life directly in a negative way. I am not going to hate all Freeport male drivers or avoid the 331 bridge b/c of this but I can dislike and hope the male driver who was responsible gets what is coming to him.

I mean are we all going to stop drinking Margaritas because the guy was Mexican??? :dunno: No but we can find him, tar & feather him and I am sure 30A Skunkape knows of a good swamp....how bout Manchac???? eyeeee!!!

NOW on the subject about this thread. Mango I called my renters all day driving in from Kentucky worried about how they were. Thanks for telling me I was wrong and that there was a son but now it is double sad 2 kids....I wish there was something we could do....

Next time just state your problem and not beat around the bush about it...
(thats a southern saying in case ya didnt know :D )

Don't even make your carpal tunnel flare by responding to a transient flamer. And for the record, this Louisiana driver has had no moving violations or accidents in over 17 years :D And I also say we save the gas and pitch el rey de los borachos in Honey Island Swamp instead of driving all the way to the soft mud of St John the Baptist Parish.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
IBD, I think the Hagers have had that rental property since sometime in the 80's. I think the mid 80's. I recall a guest book at one time showing names and addresses and dates going back that far I think.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
far, far too many drunks on 331 and 79 in the afternoon and never a cop to be seen! there should be a ton of state police presence on 331 and 98 EVERY WEEKEND in the summer, instead they're out looking for trucks dragging boats barreling down deserted 2-lane backroads at 4 in the morning

state police should do roadblocks again - and start impounding drunk driver's cars!