• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Freeport Regional Sports Complex doesn't have a concession stand at their one football field. The restrooms are across the parking area from the field next to the basketball and tennis courts.
Prior to that, football used to be played at the middle school which did have a concession stand. To be fair, I would like to see a concession stand and bathrooms at the facility. Wasnt that park paid for by Jay Odom?

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
The big point is not Mrs. Bishop, it's what Cecilia wants that matters, many of us spent years in Helen McCall and when Cecilia took office all she cared about was a "splash pad for her grandson."(I heard her say it out loud!) Now her family is involved out there and she cares because of the votes and it's her grandson. Helen McCall definitely needs redoing, hell it did in 1995, but if all the money spent on corruption caused by Mrs. Jones, Phony Tony and the likes were spent on our youth and purchasing more public land, no kid in Walton from paxton to inlet would be without a place to play. Sadly most of it goes to fix corruption and to pay for lawyers to defend the BCC. No, Mrs. Bishop is not the problem. It's her mother in law who uses her as a spokesman for votes and her position to do personal favors and projects. So tell us Ashley, when Cecilia was the commissioner in District 5 would you take a lie detector that she lived in district 5 full time????

BJackson

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2010
Blue Mountain Beach, Florida
The peewee football still plays at the middle school. They practice at the Freeport park. The land was donated by Jay Odom but the park itself was a joint development by the City of Freeport and Walton County, I believe.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
The peewee football still plays at the middle school. They practice at the Freeport park. The land was donated by Jay Odom but the park itself was a joint development by the City of Freeport and Walton County, I believe.
Thanks

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I would be willing to bet most children who play at this park do not live in a 600,000 house. And I know this is true for the average citizen in Walton County. If we needed this then why did you not have fund raisers to raise part of the money.

Did we have this type press box and fields in other areas of Walton County Ashley where your kids do not play.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Ashley is wrong about the DFS football league they play on a city owned field maintained by the county. The buildings are owned by the city and operated by the football league. Walton County Employees never have to step a foot inside their concession stands because they clean up behind themselves. If they want an improvement to the buildings they buy their own material and the county provides the labor

Now explain to me Ashley why do you think we deserve a palace taken care of by the county when other areas of our county have to finance their own recreation activities.

Oh yes your children do not play there do they.