$600,000 Press Box At Taxpayer expense?

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Kaydence, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

The little league in DFS owns their fields and all the county does is send inmates out to clean them. They used to get 10,000 dollars a year from the BCC but that was discontinued a couple of years ago. DFS is the only league that doesn't play on county/city-owned fields. They don't receive a dime now! Anything that was done to improve those parks was paid for by the league.

2. Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson Beach Fanatic

You are correct Bob. I hit the zero key an additional time.

My mistake

3. A. BISHOP

A. BISHOP Beach Comber

That would be little league...as in baseball...not the football program. 2 completely different things.

4. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

Freeport didn't get a Taj Mahal either. In fact Chapman wasn't even willing to discuss the funding they need.

5. A. BISHOP

A. BISHOP Beach Comber

I wasnt aware that with hammock bay facilities that they needed funding for anything?

6. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

Math isn't my strong suite, I actually had 3 other people do it for me and still thought somehow I was screwing it up.

7. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

Who owns/ maintains the park across from the high school. They have a couple ballfields there and for some reason i thought there was a concession faciity. I know at one time it was a very nicely maintained field and seems they played adult baseball and travel ball.

8. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

In North Walton? Cecilia Jones office is located there. Of course its nice...she surrounds herself in nice...remember that 60 thousand dollar office furniture?

9. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

Think that park has been there at least 10 years.

10. BJackson

BJackson Beach Lover

Freeport Regional Sports Complex doesn't have a concession stand at their one football field. The restrooms are across the parking area from the field next to the basketball and tennis courts.

11. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

What's your point Bob?

12. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

Prior to that, football used to be played at the middle school which did have a concession stand. To be fair, I would like to see a concession stand and bathrooms at the facility. Wasnt that park paid for by Jay Odom?

13. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

It is a county facility.

14. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

And grant money and plat fees have kept it nice under C. Jones.

15. Patriot Games

Patriot Games Beach Lover

The big point is not Mrs. Bishop, it's what Cecilia wants that matters, many of us spent years in Helen McCall and when Cecilia took office all she cared about was a "splash pad for her grandson."(I heard her say it out loud!) Now her family is involved out there and she cares because of the votes and it's her grandson. Helen McCall definitely needs redoing, hell it did in 1995, but if all the money spent on corruption caused by Mrs. Jones, Phony Tony and the likes were spent on our youth and purchasing more public land, no kid in Walton from paxton to inlet would be without a place to play. Sadly most of it goes to fix corruption and to pay for lawyers to defend the BCC. No, Mrs. Bishop is not the problem. It's her mother in law who uses her as a spokesman for votes and her position to do personal favors and projects. So tell us Ashley, when Cecilia was the commissioner in District 5 would you take a lie detector that she lived in district 5 full time????

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
    • List
  16. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

Or that she lives in her current district full time?

17. BJackson

BJackson Beach Lover

The peewee football still plays at the middle school. They practice at the Freeport park. The land was donated by Jay Odom but the park itself was a joint development by the City of Freeport and Walton County, I believe.

18. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

Thanks

19. Suzanne Harris

Suzanne Harris Beach Fanatic

I would be willing to bet most children who play at this park do not live in a 600,000 house. And I know this is true for the average citizen in Walton County. If we needed this then why did you not have fund raisers to raise part of the money.

Did we have this type press box and fields in other areas of Walton County Ashley where your kids do not play.

20. Suzanne Harris

Suzanne Harris Beach Fanatic

Ashley is wrong about the DFS football league they play on a city owned field maintained by the county. The buildings are owned by the city and operated by the football league. Walton County Employees never have to step a foot inside their concession stands because they clean up behind themselves. If they want an improvement to the buildings they buy their own material and the county provides the labor

Now explain to me Ashley why do you think we deserve a palace taken care of by the county when other areas of our county have to finance their own recreation activities.

Oh yes your children do not play there do they.