• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Maybe I am not doing something right, my math is apprroximately $230 a square foot.

A. BISHOP

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2018
Seagrove
My name is Ashley Bishop and I am the daughter in law of Cecilia jones referenced above. Just thought I would take a few minutes to clarify a few things that have been said on this forum. I am the president of South Walton youth football and cheer association. And as the president of the league that uses this facility the majority of the time I was asked for my input on the new facility. I have spent countless volunteer hours at that field and in that concession stand over the last five years. Myself, along with my husband and other friends and family members and many many parents have devoted time and money out of our own pockets to maintain those facilities in order for the children and parents of this community to have use of them. For the last 3 years I have personally cleaned up messes left by other programs and battled roach and rat infestation in that concession stand( see attached). The walls had mildew and mold growing in them, there were leaks, no hot water but the most major thing is there are no bathrooms. So thru out our whole season of 90+ degree weather all of our children and parents have had to use porta potties. Use your imagination to determine how that smelled and how disgusting it was. So the need for a new facility was not just someone's want, it is an absolute NEED for the children of this community. Which brings me to my next clarification. This need was noted by the BCC on August 26, 2014 when they voted to allocate $300,000 for the improvements of this facility (see attached). Which the commissioners at that time never followed thru with and was forgotten about until I personally went thru BCC minutes and found the allocation. I then contacted people within the county to find out why this wasn't used for improvements and where it was now. Upon doing so that started the ball rolling on improvements. Just to be clear, i was only seeking the alloted $300,000. The county has since added money to that fund and expanded the project. I was then asked to meet with preble rish to offer insight on day to day needs because who else other than someone that spends as much time there as I do would know what is needed for the new facility so that the money could be spent as wisely as possible. It has absolutely nothing to do with who I am related to. If someone else was the president of the league it would have been them sitting there, not me. And I have absolutely no control on what building actually costs or what the county chooses to spend on it. And as for the signs for Mr. Anderson and Mrs. Jones that are hanging on the fence..those signs along with many others that used to hang there before they were vandalized by lacrosse players that never paid to replace them, are for our sponsors(see attached). These are people that donate $250 or more to our program. These banners are not put there as a promotion for any particular political candidate. Anyone who donates to our program has the same options as Anderson and Jones. The money from these sponsorships is used to sponsor children who cannot afford to play and to purchase new equipment to keep these children as safe as possible while playing this sport. So if any of you would like to have your banners hanging on the fence please let me know and I will gladly email you a sponsorship packet. I am attaching several documents and pictures to further clarify these post made in this thread. If you have any further questions about my involvement in this project, as the president of this league, please feel free to message me and I will do my best to answer any questions you may have. I could care less about the political drama that goes on in this county. My number one priority is my husband and my children and my second are the children in this community. Thankyou.
Ashley Bishop

Attachments

• sV4mXU7p-944613697.png
    sV4mXU7p-944613697.png
    600.4 KB · Views: 117
  • imagejpeg_07.jpg
    imagejpeg_07.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20160815_1816171.jpg
    20160815_1816171.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180104_182537.jpg
    20180104_182537.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 124
  • 20180104_182606.jpg
    20180104_182606.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112
  • 20180104_182631.jpg
    20180104_182631.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
My name is Ashley Bishop and I am the daughter in law of Cecilia jones referenced above. Just thought I would take a few minutes to clarify a few things that have been said on this forum. I am the president of South Walton youth football and cheer association. And as the president of the league that uses this facility the majority of the time I was asked for my input on the new facility. I have spent countless volunteer hours at that field and in that concession stand over the last five years. Myself, along with my husband and other friends and family members and many many parents have devoted time and money out of our own pockets to maintain those facilities in order for the children and parents of this community to have use of them. For the last 3 years I have personally cleaned up messes left by other programs and battled roach and rat infestation in that concession stand( see attached). The walls had mildew and mold growing in them, there were leaks, no hot water but the most major thing is there are no bathrooms. So thru out our whole season of 90+ degree weather all of our children and parents have had to use porta potties. Use your imagination to determine how that smelled and how disgusting it was. So the need for a new facility was not just someone's want, it is an absolute NEED for the children of this community. Which brings me to my next clarification. This need was noted by the BCC on August 26, 2014 when they voted to allocate $300,000 for the improvements of this facility (see attached). Which the commissioners at that time never followed thru with and was forgotten about until I personally went thru BCC minutes and found the allocation. I then contacted people within the county to find out why this wasn't used for improvements and where it was now. Upon doing so that started the ball rolling on improvements. Just to be clear, i was only seeking the alloted $300,000. The county has since added money to that fund and expanded the project. I was then asked to meet with preble rish to offer insight on day to day needs because who else other than someone that spends as much time there as I do would know what is needed for the new facility so that the money could be spent as wisely as possible. It has absolutely nothing to do with who I am related to. If someone else was the president of the league it would have been them sitting there, not me. And as for the signs for Mr. Anderson and Mrs. Jones that are hanging on the fence..those signs along with many others that used to hang there before they were vandalized by lacrosse players that never paid to replace them, are for our sponsors(see attached). These are people that donate $250 or more to our program. These banners are not put there as a promotion for any particular political candidate. Anyone who donates to our program has the same options as Anderson and Jones. The money from these sponsorships is used to sponsor children who cannot afford to play and to purchase new equipment to keep these children as safe as possible while playing this sport. So if any of you would like to have your banners hanging on the fence please let me know and I will gladly email you a sponsorship packet. I am attaching several documents and pictures to further clarify these post made in this thread. If you have any further questions about my involvement in this project, as the president of this league, please feel free to message me and I will do my best to answer any questions you may have. I could care less about the political drama that goes on in this county. My number one priority is my husband and my children and my second are the children in this community. Thankyou.
Ashley Bishop
As someone who volunteered at the Baseball fields back in the 90s and know the work that goes into the running of a little league program, Thanks for your time and effort. Based on my discussion with Mr Buddy Wright, this sounds as though it will vastly improve what our youth programs facilities are currently.

A. BISHOP

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2018
Seagrove
Yes sir. I agree. It is a much needed improvement that should have been completed a long time ago. As a volunteer you know very well that it is a job that never ends but it is also one of the most rewarding things I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. It's just so sad to me that it comes with all of this drama. If you were to ask any parent that has been in that building in the last 10 years they would tell you this is not just a frivolous want. It is a must for the kids in the area. They deserve the best and I am thankful it is finally getting done so that many families can enjoy it for years to come.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Sorry Bob but mmyheart has no hatred for anyone. I still believe 600, 000 for a youth league press box is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
My name is Ashley Bishop and I am the daughter in law of Cecilia jones referenced above. Just thought I would take a few minutes to clarify a few things that have been said on this forum. I am the president of South Walton youth football and cheer association. And as the president of the league that uses this facility the majority of the time I was asked for my input on the new facility. I have spent countless volunteer hours at that field and in that concession stand over the last five years. Myself, along with my husband and other friends and family members and many many parents have devoted time and money out of our own pockets to maintain those facilities in order for the children and parents of this community to have use of them. For the last 3 years I have personally cleaned up messes left by other programs and battled roach and rat infestation in that concession stand( see attached). The walls had mildew and mold growing in them, there were leaks, no hot water but the most major thing is there are no bathrooms. So thru out our whole season of 90+ degree weather all of our children and parents have had to use porta potties. Use your imagination to determine how that smelled and how disgusting it was. So the need for a new facility was not just someone's want, it is an absolute NEED for the children of this community. Which brings me to my next clarification. This need was noted by the BCC on August 26, 2014 when they voted to allocate $300,000 for the improvements of this facility (see attached). Which the commissioners at that time never followed thru with and was forgotten about until I personally went thru BCC minutes and found the allocation. I then contacted people within the county to find out why this wasn't used for improvements and where it was now. Upon doing so that started the ball rolling on improvements. Just to be clear, i was only seeking the alloted $300,000. The county has since added money to that fund and expanded the project. I was then asked to meet with preble rish to offer insight on day to day needs because who else other than someone that spends as much time there as I do would know what is needed for the new facility so that the money could be spent as wisely as possible. It has absolutely nothing to do with who I am related to. If someone else was the president of the league it would have been them sitting there, not me. And I have absolutely no control on what building actually costs or what the county chooses to spend on it. And as for the signs for Mr. Anderson and Mrs. Jones that are hanging on the fence..those signs along with many others that used to hang there before they were vandalized by lacrosse players that never paid to replace them, are for our sponsors(see attached). These are people that donate $250 or more to our program. These banners are not put there as a promotion for any particular political candidate. Anyone who donates to our program has the same options as Anderson and Jones. The money from these sponsorships is used to sponsor children who cannot afford to play and to purchase new equipment to keep these children as safe as possible while playing this sport. So if any of you would like to have your banners hanging on the fence please let me know and I will gladly email you a sponsorship packet. I am attaching several documents and pictures to further clarify these post made in this thread. If you have any further questions about my involvement in this project, as the president of this league, please feel free to message me and I will do my best to answer any questions you may have. I could care less about the political drama that goes on in this county. My number one priority is my husband and my children and my second are the children in this community. Thankyou.
Ashley Bishop

Does Freeport not also have problems? Does DFS? Neither of the 2 were built a Taj Mahl of concession stand/press boxes either. Your problems are not unique to Walton County but because of who you are those kids get the best while rest go to hell in a hand basket?

I'm not making light of your contributions but there are sports complexes all over this county that would benefit from the kind of money that was spent on Helen McCall Park.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Sorry Bob but mmyheart has no hatred for anyone. I still believe 600, 000 for a youth league press box is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.
Never said you hated anyone. The building is a multipurpose structure and I have no issue with and it is long over due. And I dont care who gets credit.

A. BISHOP

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2018
Seagrove
I absolutely agree with you. But defuniak was just built a new press box and either last year or the year before they had a team meeting room built on. Freeport has a state of the art facility with restrooms already so actually south walton is the last area in the county to have updated facilities. Who I am doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I disnt design the concession stand or the field lay out. I didn't draw the proposal for the work either. It was done by an outside entity. I merely provided input on what would be a waste of money inside the concession stand such as the deep fryers and flat top grill that was supposed to go in there before I informed them that a small slab of concrete for a grill would be sufficient. I also put my input on which side the rollup door should go on and which side the windows for concession sales should be on. So if that qualifies as special favors then I guess I'm guilty as charged. If not then I guess I'm just a mom volunteering my time in a program that my child participates in.