• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Regardless of what one thought of WB or the owners, keep an eye on the property. From what I hear there is no interest in leasing the restaurant out, it is for sale. And along with it are all the old cottages. One price for all. Maybe not a bad deal for the asking price, but the asking price makes no sense to a restaurant operator. Might be that the only way a buyer could turn a profit would be tearing down everything and just building rentals with a little mixed use sprinkled in. Wouldn't that be a shame!

My goodness, some of you are restaurant critics in addition to being experts on everything else.

Not sure about being an expert on everything, but, I await a pat on the back for calling this one way in advance!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Unfortunately , our elected officials don't give a sh..t about community, esthetics or the "Old Seagrove" - This is their idea about progress and responsible development and nothing will change.. They are under manned and short sighted and as long as opportunities exist for supplemental pay increases, NOTHING WILL CHANGE! Very Sad!!!!

You're totally right. If they cared, they'd issue a stop work order based on the permit pulled. Oh wait they did.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Not sure about being an expert on everything, but, I await a pat on the back for calling this one way in advance!

Funny thing is the building had to come down. It was so piss poorly designed and built it could have been condemned. All of it will be replaced by homes.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Cutting down all the trees to put up buildings? Becoming the norm in SoWal.

Makes construction easier for less skilled. Of course plenty of developments along 30A that are lauded for their beauty were clear cut at one time. Seaside, WaterColor, Watersound and even Rosemary.

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
Makes construction easier for less skilled. Of course plenty of developments along 30A that are lauded for their beauty were clear cut at one time. Seaside, WaterColor, Watersound and even Rosemary.
The developments you mention had extensive landscaping plans and massive budgets. They planted hundreds of 15 foot oaks for example. Alys Beach recently planted a 40 foot oak.

I see a lot of subdivisions now that not one single tree is planted after clearing and building. Or one sad palm tree. And don't get me started on the acres and acres of sod that makes no sense environmentally and looks like a million other subdivisions in the world.