• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'm thinking that I need some Oz food today - I can probably arrange my errands so I can just happen to be driving by at lunchtime!:D

Lots of people eating outside yesterday- it was a beautiful day!

rolinbeans

Beach Comber
Jun 28, 2008
My husband and I enjoyed breakfast at Oz on Tuesday. I wanted to try something different, and am glad we did! We couldn't decide between the egg sandwich and sausage pastie so we got both and split them...wonderful! My husband is brittish and quite the critic. The meal was the perfect size - not loaded down with a million sides that leave you bloated and sickly all day long. I am dying to go back for another sandwich - just need to get my behind out of bed early enough! I highly recomend this great new eatery - Keep up the great food!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I finally dragged Fuzz to Oz yesterday, along with our bailiff. Fuzz is game for anything, but we worried about the bailiff, as he is a peas & cornbread kind of guy (yum) and doesn't get very "adventuresome" with his meals. For example, no mexican, no oriental, etc...

He raved about the Steak Pie the rest of the day. :D As did I. And I forget what Fuzz had, but he definitely enjoyed it.

I am thinking there may be orders placed for carryout in a few hours...:cool:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Went for the first time today and all I can say is that I will be back and part of the riotous mob if they ever think of closing!

We had the Local Shrimp and Avacado Rice Paper Wrap and Turkey Pastrami Sandwich. YUM! The shrimp is cooked perfectly and a nice large portion. Whatever is in the sauce was fantastic. The sandwich was large enough for two people who aren't that hungry. This is now a definite must on our list.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Went for the first time today and all I can say is that I will be back and part of the riotous mob if they ever think of closing!

We had the Local Shrimp and Avacado Rice Paper Wrap and Turkey Pastrami Sandwich. YUM! The shrimp is cooked perfectly and a nice large portion. Whatever is in the sauce was fantastic. The sandwich was large enough for two people who aren't that hungry. This is now a definite must on our list.

You picked my 2 current favorites!

But I change my mind daily.:love:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
The pumpkin soup is amazing! Not to mention the roast beef sandwich with oh so mild and yummy blue cheese and sweet pickled onion...

Hurray for Oz bringing us sowalers a taste of Down Under!

One of my regrets leaving Sowal was that I didn't go back for the pumpkin soup, and the curried chicken pot pie I saw jdarg devour. If Shane ever decides to take off menu, even temporarily, someone pleeeease freeze some for me? (except Jdarg, because I do not trust her with anything pumpkin related ;-))

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
:lolabove:

she was hilarious! :D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We are starting to cook the pancake/waffle breakfast for 12 girls- Kate's pretend slumber party birthday breakfast... I really wish I could load them in the car for an Oz breakfast!

Talk about total chaos - I like Shayne to much to do that to him!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yesterday was chilly and brought out some SoWallers who warmed up with the steak and curried chicken pies and pumpkin soup!:clap: