• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
As an aside, I find it interesting that we get Alys Beach naysayers on this forum in oddly regular intervals with oddly similar-sounding posts. Is Alys Beach an attractive target for some reason?

This confounds me also. Why is it so important for Homeboy (and others before him) to prove that Alys is a failure. I think it's clear that they don't "get" alys. And as such, probably aren't going to be buying a home there. Why can't they just leave it as that. . . .what joy is there is taking down the top dog?

Kinda reminds me of high school, when people liked to start rumors about the homecoming queen!

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
To all the environmentalists out there... like it or not, development is going to happen. Immigration/population gains ultimately dictate development.

We have a home in Cottages of Camp Creek less than a half mile to the West of Alys Beach. We believe it's a wonderful community and we're lucky to have them as neighbors. We take the kids for Charlies Donuts, head to the playground while I get to read the paper at Fonville Press. The pool is amazing and George's is fantastic. Nothing else comes close in my opinion, Alys beach is by far the nicest on 30-A. We would love to be homeowners one day. I look forward to seeing it thrive.

Last edited:

austin101

Beach Comber
Mar 16, 2008
regardless of various opinions that Alys Beach is a masterpiece, or a novelty, or a theme park...its a great asset to south Walton.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
To all the environmentalists out there... like it or not, development is going to happen. Immigration/population gains ultimately dictate development.

We have a home in Cottages of Camp Creek less than a half mile to the West of Alys Beach. We believe it's a wonderful community and we're lucky to have them as neighbors. We take the kids for Charlies Donuts, head to the playground while I get to read the paper at Fonville Press. The pool is amazing and George's is fantastic. Nothing else comes close in my opinion, Alys beach is by far the nicest on 30-A. We would love to be homeowners one day. I look forward to seeing it thrive.

I like Alys careful consideration of choices and how they compliment and not compete with the other. George, Charlie, Alys. I can't help but wonder who the next new kid will be.:D

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest

Ditto!! (except insert SeacrestII for Cottages of Camp Creek)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cork, what do you mean that Alys Beach was paying co-broke? That has never been my experience. If you register your customer with their sales office, they will pay you, and they will gladly show your customer (and you) the property. Or, at least that has been my experience.

Over-priced? Perhaps if they aren't selling as many units as they want, but if they are fine with selling their status quo, and are able to hold on through this low point in the market, they may be the better for it. Alys Beach IS the Bentley of homes (I get it, SWGB -- good analogy). Do you think a Bentley is over-priced? Do you think that the people who can afford Bentley's think they are over-priced? Afterall, they get you the same places a 1974 Ford Pinto can get you, except for the front row parking at the country club. I'm not sure how a luxury item like an Alys Beach home can be over-priced, because in your shopping comparisons, there is no other like it in most of the South Eastern USA. When we say a luxury item is over-priced, perhaps we really mean that we cannot afford to buy it. Alys Beach will be THE place for the who's who. I have no doubts about that.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well

:welcome: AndrewG. As you all know, I agree with Andrew and am delighted to have Alys as a neighbor of the Cottages at Camp Creek. VERY different communities. What's nice about 30A is the diversity in types of communities. I love that Alys Beach is so family friendly - that's one of the great things about 30A. I like everything Andrew mentioned, and I also like the playgrounds for kids, as well as the events they have (and I can't wait until they have more events).

If George's still has their lobster quesadilla, you definitely should try it, along with their grouper sandwich. the lobster quesadilla easily feeds two people.