• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I believe Alys Beach has taken its time developing the town and it's on track to be one of the most unique beach towns in Florida. The attention to every detail from architecture to environment is unmatched. Exclusive yet produces many great events open to the public. The Alys Foundation provides a ton of financial support for local charity organizations.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We like being near Alys Beach. It's a peaceful place for a stroll or bike ride, and Fonville Press is a wonderful rest stop. Family friendly, too. Whether or not the architecture is your style, the attention to detail, including on the grounds, is pretty awesome. Last time we were there, Fonville Press had the best pastries on 30A (we really miss that French pastry shop that was at Watercolors several years ago).

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
We like being near Alys Beach. It's a peaceful place for a stroll or bike ride, and Fonville Press is a wonderful rest stop. Family friendly, too. Whether or not the architecture is your style, the attention to detail, including on the grounds, is pretty awesome. Last time we were there, Fonville Press had the best pastries on 30A (we really miss that French pastry shop that was at Watercolors several years ago).
It is a pretty place. Years ago when they started, the public felt welcome. Now it feels like an exclusive gated community, not a SoWal town. I hope I'm not too harsh but I remember fondly hanging out and having wine with Karen, Marianne, Kelli, and lots of locals. Where have they all gone? I guess the homeowners are not happy having it be a real place, part of the community. Will they add gates between those butteries?