• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Our cottage is just around the corner from Amore and Gulf Place - the outdoor concerts are a big plus for our guests during peak season.

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
wow - 61 replies - this place must be awesome. Can't wait to go and taste some of their delicious delicasies!! :clap_1:

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Smiling JOe said:
The owners of Amore are an example of the cool people to whom you are referring that are trying to make this place special and unique. If you want to keep the cool people around, you best make sure you support their businesses, which tend to employee even more cool people. I know two cool people who moved away in the last two weeks. If you want the plastic, keep supporting the chains and franchises and the world will be the same everywhere you go. Let's go to McDonalds in SoWal. They have the best french fries. Give me a break. You try to afford rents in Gulf Place by selling $5 dollar pizzas and you will go broke very quickly. You see, you don't sell things for a cheaper price than cost and expect to make up the difference on quantity. Personally speaking, people like TylerT would do just fine buying their pizza online from Papa Johns or Pizza Hut. That is just fine by me. There is a place for that, but, and thankfully, I don't remember either being in the 30A area of SoWal. I support local business when I can. I enjoy the sense of community it brings and the relationships of the many wonderful people who own the shops and the staff who keep it running. That is worth the price difference in most places. When I walk in the door of a place where the staff know me, I feel like I am home again. Never have I felt that on the rare occurance of walking into Wal-mart. I don't want SoWal to have one biga_ss store, named Walmart where you can shop to get everything you ever needed or wanted, including banking services, home buying, toothpaste, toilet paper, and fresh baked frozen pizza.

Just my loud and obnoxious $.02:D
amen brother!

notail

Banned
Feb 20, 2006
I ate her in early December. Pricey, but some of the best pizza and paninis I have ever had. They were super nice, too. My mom and I were stopping for lunch while biking and couldn't take the left overs with us. They were ncie enough to hold them for us for 2 hours untul we could come back by car. Thansk amore!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Another lunch under my hat at Amore. YUMMY! Formaggio Pizza - a mostly normal, good pizza, but the Goat Cheese on top, really makes it fantastic. The Formaggio may rank number two on my list, right behind the Pesto Pizza. I luv that place. Thanks Amory, Amore, and Jenny (server)!

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
notail said:
I ate her in early December. Pricey, but some of the best pizza and paninis I have ever had. They were super nice, too. My mom and I were stopping for lunch while biking and couldn't take the left overs with us. They were ncie enough to hold them for us for 2 hours untul we could come back by car. Thansk amore!

Getting a little personal on this one, eh? It made me smile! Thanks! :cool:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
scrltbegonya said:
Getting a little personal on this one, eh? It made me smile! Thanks! :cool:

notail...:lolabove: "eat her"...:eek: TMI!!!!

:welcome: notail...you type like me!!!

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
:shock: i just "tried" to eat lunch at amore today. After all the great reviews i thought it would be awsome but instead it was the worst meal i have ever had. i ordered a ceaser salad and i thought that salad was supposed to be green but i was mistaken. it was yellow!! it was the very inner part of the romane. the waitress took it back to the kitchen to ask about it and the chef sent the waitress out with the roman on a plate and said this is what it all looks like. again it was just the inner part. so we just asked for the bill and the girl brought out a bill for $12 even though the food was horrible and we couldn't eat it. the waitress felt so bad that she told us to just forget about it. thank god we didn't order the pizza yet!! Oh my, so disappointing.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jessifunn said:
:shock: i just "tried" to eat lunch at amore today. After all the great reviews i thought it would be awsome but instead it was the worst meal i have ever had. i ordered a ceaser salad and i thought that salad was supposed to be green but i was mistaken. it was yellow!! it was the very inner part of the romane. the waitress took it back to the kitchen to ask about it and the chef sent the waitress out with the roman on a plate and said this is what it all looks like. again it was just the inner part. so we just asked for the bill and the girl brought out a bill for $12 even though the food was horrible and we couldn't eat it. the waitress felt so bad that she told us to just forget about it. thank god we didn't order the pizza yet!! Oh my, so disappointing.
:eek: Uh, oh.