• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is it getting better with crap like this starting to happen????:dunno:

PORTLAND, Maine ? Pupils at a city middle school will be able to get birth control pills and patches at their student health center after the local school board approved the proposal Wednesday evening.

The plan, offered by city health officials, makes King Middle School the first middle school in Maine to make a full range of contraception available to students in grades 6 through 8,:shock: according to the state Department of Health and Human Services.

There are no national figures on how many middle schools, where most students range in age from 11 to 13, provide such services.

Middle School Dispenses Birth Control

After 17 pregnancies were reported in its three middle schools in four years, the school board of Portland, ME, voted to allow the middle school health services to prescribe birth control. What do you think?

wdyt_photo4.article.jpg
Katie Kolounakis,
Receptionist
"This is outrageous. I think my daughter should have to get pregnant at 13 just like I did."

wdyt_photo5.article.jpg
Paul Winthrop,
CAT Scan Technician
"I'm not sure birth control is the answer. Have they tried having an open, honest conversation with these kids about how they're going to hell?"

wdyt_photo1.article.jpg
Billy Walton,
Systems Analyst
"This will only encourage students to engage in risky behavior like visiting doctors and going to school."

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Anybody thought about teaching morals to these kids?:bang:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Anybody thought about teaching morals to these kids?:bang:
what morals? Just turn on the tv and you realize it's been over for quite some time now. Most reality tv is based on backstabbing, selfish behavior. If the kids have no decent example at home to cue on, then there literally and figuratively screwed.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Damn!!! I keep fooling myself.:bang:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
what morals? Just turn on the tv and you realize it's been over for quite some time now. Most reality tv is based on backstabbing, selfish behavior. If the kids have no decent example at home to cue on, then there literally and figuratively screwed.

And yet I know gazillions of good kids who are not at all like this. They turn on the t.v. and realize that this is not how life is meant to be. They're generous, selfless, and loving...

Don't throw Baby Jesus out with the Bathwater. Use the bathwater to flush the toilet. (Oops--wrong thread again.)