• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
This is not going well. I despise people beating up on moms. Do not throw stones. There is no "better" way to raise your child...only the best you can do way. Believe this...I was and hung out with many stay at home moms and working moms...I bet if we made a graph or a pie chart of which group of moms had the most "perfect" children, it would be blank. Just do your best...even if there is a hiccup, face it, work through it and keep loving your child.
and for God's sake don't serve those cakey brownies!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Is it getting better with crap like this starting to happen????:dunno:

PORTLAND, Maine — Pupils at a city middle school will be able to get birth control pills and patches at their student health center after the local school board approved the proposal Wednesday evening.

The plan, offered by city health officials, makes King Middle School the first middle school in Maine to make a full range of contraception available to students in grades 6 through 8,:shock: according to the state Department of Health and Human Services.

There are no national figures on how many middle schools, where most students range in age from 11 to 13, provide such services.

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
This is not going well. I despise people beating up on moms. Do not throw stones. There is no "better" way to raise your child...only the best you can do way. Believe this...I was and hung out with many stay at home moms and working moms...I bet if we made a graph or a pie chart of which group of moms had the most "perfect" children, it would be blank. Just do your best...even if there is a hiccup, face it, work through it and keep loving your child.

You are right. :clap:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Yellow Hammer

Beach Lover
Feb 14, 2007
Is anyone besides me waiting for the second volume of the Unabomber's Manifesto to be delivered by Capricious at any moment?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

PORTLAND, Maine — Pupils at a city middle school will be able to get birth control pills and patches at their student health center after the local school board approved the proposal Wednesday evening.

The plan, offered by city health officials, makes King Middle School the first middle school in Maine to make a full range of contraception available to students in grades 6 through 8,:shock: according to the state Department of Health and Human Services.

There are no national figures on how many middle schools, where most students range in age from 11 to 13, provide such services.

Those both require a prescription, so it's not like they're in a vending machine. Are they offering them as women's health benefit or as birth control?

Seems quite young for birth control, but if they're having sex I'd rather there be birth control involved.

Per my internet search:
"Under the plan, King Middle School's health center would provide contraception to the kids. The center would also give the girls full medical exams and counseling.

Parents need to give the students permission to go to the health center and once at the health center, everything is confidential.

So, a child could ask for birth control without their parents knowing.

The lead school nurse says they would encourage kids to talk with their parents.

King Middle School already distributes condoms to students."

It seems that the school's health center is taking the place of outside doctor's visits, providing exams etc. I am all for them providing services, but the pill & patch don't protect against any STDs, just pregnancy.

Am I just an old fuddy-duddy for thinking that is WAY too young for sex?

Last edited:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005

PORTLAND, Maine ? Pupils at a city middle school will be able to get birth control pills and patches at their student health center after the local school board approved the proposal Wednesday evening.

I wish I was back in Jr. High !!