• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
8-10 kids piled on one in our neignborhood with an under age driver. They never stopped at stop signs and just merrily raced around. I followed them, snapped a picture of the license plate, noted the address where they pulled in, came home and called the sheriff's non emergency #.

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
Congrats to the commissioners for taking "a step". Unfortunately, we still have to rely on the golf cart driver to use them. :dunno:

Golf Cart Pull Over Lanes

The board is looking at several different locations on 30A that could benefit including Deer Lake, Grayton Beach, and The Hub.

Walton County Commissioner Donna Johns said it’s important to provide a safe place for the golf carts to pull over.

“So we want to do nice little pads along the way that looks nice,” Johns said. “And that’ll give people an opportunity to pull over and let the cars, the string of cars typically, go ahead and go past them, and then they can get back on the road.”

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The only issue I have with the pull over lanes is that some drivers will expect people to use them when they aren't technically required to yield.

I get the reasoning behind it, but it feels like this will add to the road rage.

Currently I utilize the unofficial traffic law of "no oncoming traffic? You can safely pass a slow moving golf cart regardless of the lines"

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
The only issue I have with the pull over lanes is that some drivers will expect people to use them when they aren't technically required to yield.

I get the reasoning behind it, but it feels like this will add to the road rage.

Currently I utilize the unofficial traffic law of "no oncoming traffic? You can safely pass a slow moving golf cart regardless of the lines"
And if the idiot driver turns or swerves in front of you, enjoy the state pen for manslaughter or vehicular homicide or whatever the charge is from killing them all.

Pullover lanes may be better than nothing but I feel insulted. Like the BCC let my house out of the barn and shot him.

TinaMidland

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2020
inlet
Said it before will say it again, a trolley system is the answer! Ban golf carts on hwy 30A ( trolleys can use the pull over pads for pick up and drop off)

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Said it before will say it again, a trolley system is the answer! Ban golf carts on hwy 30A ( trolleys can use the pull over pads for pick up and drop off)
it's interesting that neighborhoods banned them but that almost seems like the only place they should be. Low speed areas. If Walton County were to raise the speed limit on 30A then problem solved - no golf carts allowed on county roads. The lower speed limits would be in front of the neighborhoods as it is almost everywhere. Maybe neighborhood security could manage the teenagers, by taking the keys? Bad behavior for a few to ruin it for everyone. But part of the problem is the slow speed, slowing down traffic so that would solve that problem too? So you wouldn't be banning them, which might be more difficult but limit their use. Ellen