• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
What I mean is that motorists will feel that LSVs are required to use them. So when they don't it'll lead to issues.
And what I meant was that they will be used as parking spaces.

Let's be real. South of 98 is going to go to a parking permit situation at some point. Rentals will have to pay for renters placard. Owners will have to pay. Golf carts will have to pay.

It will be a huge revenue maker for the county and maybe limit some congestion along the roadsides.

Parking lots and shuttles will become popular.

If we don't limit or eliminate golf carts on the roads, carnage will result.

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
And what I meant was that they will be used as parking spaces.

Let's be real. South of 98 is going to go to a parking permit situation at some point. Rentals will have to pay for renters placard. Owners will have to pay. Golf carts will have to pay.

It will be a huge revenue maker for the county and maybe limit some congestion along the roadsides.

Parking lots and shuttles will become popular.

If we don't limit or eliminate golf carts on the roads, carnage will result.

Seems that the last (3) County "transportation studies" propose limiting CARS in favor of other forms of micro-mobility...?!?

The Mobility Plan also seeks to facilitate development of park-once environments along 30A and Scenic 98 to encourage visitors to the County’s beach communities to park their car when they arrive and use other forms of transportation to explore their destinations.

2018 CR 30A Corridor Intermodal Strategic Mobility and Transportation Feasibility Study

2020 CNU The Future of Mobility: Reimagining Walton County's Route 30A

2021 Walton County Mobility Plan & Mobility Fee Technical Report

Not sure how many more studies will be conducted before some final decisions and/or actions are made. But oddly, none of these studies mention golf cart pull-over lanes :dunno:

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Had to go to PCB Friday and stop back by a location on 30A. We got behind a golf cart traveling at a blistering 8 mph for some distance until I could go around.
Damn the double yellow.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
If you have a golf cart, you're entitled to park it anywhere you can fit it.
FB_IMG_1686577613488.jpg

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We live in a golf cart community in Louisville. Slow speed isn't a problem because some of our roads are 15 mph. But we do have problems with entitled drivers who park & drive wherever they want to. Plus the ones who sit their toddler on their laps while the adult drives. Also, the underage drivers. We do have one trumpy who has a cart with a presidential seal on his with trump on it also. In most cases, a few ruin it for the rest of us. Ellen

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
Maybe this will help...(?)

New Golf Cart Law

Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill into law in May that sets strict rules on who can drive golf carts. The new law goes into effect Oct. 1 of this year. It bumps the age requirement to 15.

15-year-olds must have a driver’s permit. People 16 and older need a driver’s license, and people 18 and older need a valid government issued I.D.

Florida law currently allows anyone 14 and older to drive a golf cart.

Panama City Beach Police officials also said [sic] accidents can happen
when people use golf carts for fun instead of their intended purpose.

Unfortunately, "golf carting" has become an activity in SoWal instead of alternate transportation.