• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This is a result of tourists whining that they didn't know. The sheriff lobbied to put these up so tickets and arrests will be simpler and stick. There are areas that should go back to 45 mph like between Water sound and Water sound west beach, also from Grayton to Blue Mountain. Can't get there by gulf cart? Use a car, Uber or novel idea don't effing go.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Whining be damned. You break the law you pay. We don't need more stinking signs. We should be ticketing tourists every chance we get to pay for deputies they make us hire.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Best way to “outlaw” them is to raise the speed limit. They are only “legal” on roads with speed limits below 35mph.
Agree..Simply raise the speed limit to what it used to be in many areas… 45 mph…We don’t need any more signs on scenic Highway 30A.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
Only need to reach 25 mph to be street legal? Am I alone in thinking that is silly?

And most of them won't reach 15 mph. Keep them on the golf course and private communities like Sandestin please.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Only need to reach 25 mph to be street legal? Am I alone in thinking that is silly?

And most of them won't reach 15 mph. Keep them on the golf course and private communities like Sandestin please.
They are referring to LSV’s

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Whining be damned. You break the law you pay. We don't need more stinking signs. We should be ticketing tourists every chance we get to pay for deputies they make us hire.

You do understand that's not how ticketing works in Florida?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
A couple years back, I watched a National Parks cop write a $1000 ticket to a woman who ignored the signs that said 'no LSVs' (or whatever the terminology there was) and drove one onto Cedar Breaks National Monument roads anyways and then didn't have her driver's license on her when the park cops pulled her over.

I have to say it was a beautiful sight. (Though not as beautiful as the amphitheater proper)

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
There is no practical difference. A golf cart with brake lights and seat belts is still a golf cart.
It’s fine to dislike them, but there is a practical difference which is why they require inspection before being licensed.
The only problem I have with them is the drivers. Locals seem to be more courteous and pull over for vehicles to pass where the drivers of the rental carts could care less. We should be able to co-exist.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
It’s fine to dislike them, but there is a practical difference which is why they require inspection before being licensed.
The only problem I have with them is the drivers. Locals seem to be more courteous and pull over for vehicles to pass where the drivers of the rental carts could care less. We should be able to co-exist.
If they are in front of traffic maxed out at 15 mph there is no difference. People get in both and act like idiots. No difference. They are treated like toys by people on vacation.

Can someone give me one good reason for them?