• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
If they are in front of traffic maxed out at 15 mph there is no difference. People get in both and act like idiots. No difference. They are treated like toys by people on vacation.

Can someone give me one good reason for them?
Section 320.01(41), Florida Statutes, defines LSVs as “any four-wheeled vehicle whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour, but not greater than 25 miles per hour.” LSVs must be registered, titled and insured with personal injury protection (PIP) and property damage liability (PDL) insurance.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Section 320.01(41), Florida Statutes, defines LSVs as “any four-wheeled vehicle whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour, but not greater than 25 miles per hour.” LSVs must be registered, titled and insured with personal injury protection (PIP) and property damage liability (PDL) insurance.
If every golf cart in SoWal only goes 15 are you saying they are all illegal?

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
As a visitor, I believe the golf carts should only be used in each neighborhood and only go across to 30A if there is parking available. It's time to adjust to the number of people who now visit 30A. If they want to drive golf carts, put in a big golf cart track/shopping retail area somewhere near 98 so they can drive around. Sort of an adult amusement park. Semi serious. Ellen

Imperialegg

Beach Comber
Aug 9, 2018
Inlet Beach, FL
The tourists in the golf carts are renting the properties that keep income coming into this area. Without tourists this place will fall into financial ruin and our public places will too. Everyone is awful grumpy about the golf carts and the tourists, but you choose to live in a beach vacation destination. Golf carts are a wonderful device for carting all that beach stuff and families around, and yes for the driver they are fun to ride in, fresh air blowing through hair and sunshine on face. We locals do not get to have the roads to ourselves, the roads here are never going to be like the city you moved here from. This is a beach culture and the traffic reflects this fact. My advice is grow some beach spirit, be tolerant of our guests, accept golf carts and bicyclers as part of the landscape.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
The tourists in the golf carts are renting the properties that keep income coming into this area. Without tourists this place will fall into financial ruin and our public places will too. Everyone is awful grumpy about the golf carts and the tourists, but you choose to live in a beach vacation destination. Golf carts are a wonderful device for carting all that beach stuff and families around, and yes for the driver they are fun to ride in, fresh air blowing through hair and sunshine on face. We locals do not get to have the roads to ourselves, the roads here are never going to be like the city you moved here from. This is a beach culture and the traffic reflects this fact. My advice is grow some beach spirit, be tolerant of our guests, accept golf carts and bicyclers as part of the landscape.
lol I don't think tourists come here for the carts.

And leave bicycles out of it please. The roads here should be better than city roads which means fewer signs.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

Golf carts suck.

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest

We're on a destination merry-go-round....more visitors = more infrastructure = more visitors = more development = more visitors....making me dizzy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Sometimes I think we have more golf carts than people. An ongoing county embarrassment that they are allowed on our roads that are made for cars and trucks. As if we didn't have enough problems with traffic we have to deal with idiots in golf carts.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sometimes I think we have more golf carts than people. An ongoing county embarrassment that they are allowed on our roads that are made for cars and trucks. As if we didn't have enough problems with traffic we have to deal with idiots in golf carts.

You realize some tourists are actually trailering in their golf carts from home? Saw an unlicensed one going down old 98 without a care in the world.