• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Booya,
I guess that you and I are just on different ends of the voting world. I have listen to the others and I think that Cooper did a good job the other night at the High School. He too worked under Quinn as to my understanding, so does that mean that he would bring back the "good ol boy" He has been out of law enforcement for years working at Sandestin security. Does this mean that he is not quip to run the deparment if he is elected? As I understand and have been personally told by Mr. Adkinson, the folks that work at the P.D. now worked there when he was elected chief. I am sure that some will come, and others will stay. That will be up to him. I personally think he has done a good job, and I think he will do a good job running this county. Change will not happen over night, but it needs to happen. I have not put down any other person running, except Wise and Macon, simply because they seemed lost the other night when they were on the stage. I wish whomever you are voting for the best of luck. Either way we need new leadership in our S.O. :dunno:

My dear, I don't know who you received your information from, but very few of those employed by the DFS police when Mr. Adkinson took over are still there. Most of those currently employed are individuals who left the sheriff's office for one reason or the other.:yikes:

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
SweetGal,
Don't you wonder what Mr. Atkinson's next jump will be?? He has not shown any loyalty to the city that voted him into his position; will he show loyalty to our county? And as Idlewind said, many DFS PD people USED to be employed at WCSO?? Will they be leaving DFS PD as well if Mr. Atkinson happens to win??

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Works both ways - several officers jumped to the WCSO from the DFSPD.when Mike took over, and two in particular had issues with Mike. I like Mike, but I worry for them...:dunno:

Works both ways - several officers jumped to the WCSO from the DFSPD.when Mike took over, and two in particular had issues with Mike. I like Mike, but I worry for them...:dunno:

I worry about ALL of our employees. These men and women work for the taxpayers and have been mistreated by the current administration. I would love to know the plans each candidate has for the current employees and whom they plan to bring into the office with them. Remember, with the current financing structure for county government it is unlikely for there to be any funds available to creat new positions. Threfore, to bring a new employee in requires one to depart, probably by termination. That is why each of us must ask for detailed answers to these types of questions.:dunno:

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
stranger things have happened

I predict that if adkinson gets elected sheriff he will take Bill Chapman with him as #2. Adkinson will pave the way for scomiers to take over as chief.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Certification ???

I predict that if adkinson gets elected sheriff he will take Bill Chapman with him as #2. Adkinson will pave the way for scomiers to take over as chief.

Is Chapman the same Chapman who's Florida State Law Enfocement Certification was in question a few years back?

As I can recall, please correct..., he did not have current active standards when he went to work for the old DFS Chief. A whistle blower dispatcher told officials she was asked to alter, forge, misrepresent, the document so that Chapman would be active with the FDLE Training Data Base. I remember an agent with FDLE, Carl Causey (sp?) was also involved (please correct as well if not true). Is this the same guy or is there another Chapman?

Is Sconiers supporting Adkinson?:dunno:

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
thats the Chap, man.

Yes. It was never an issue as to any involvment he had in the debacle. As far as I know it was all the chiefs doings. other wise I feel fdal would have also taken action on Chapman. I was told Chapman had a reputation of being the buffer between quinnie and the deputies back then. :D

Yes. It was never an issue as to any involvment he had in the debacle. As far as I know it was all the chiefs doings. other wise I feel fdal would have also taken action on Chapman. I was told Chapman had a reputation of being the buffer between quinnie and the deputies back then. :D

From what I understand from those close to the situation back then "buffer" is not the term I would use. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
The Truth

I have read all the comments since I posted this thread a while back and I also understand everyone's point of view and everyone has a right to their own opinion. I personally have contact with several deputies these days and a couple of "high brass" in the current administration. They all agree that everyone is ready for a change in the sheriff's office and want a new sheriff who can put Walton County on the map for outstanding law enforcement, not on the map as a place where you can get fired if you get pregnant....better yet be promoted to Lt. from a maintenance man. The morale is down and keeps going down these days. Someone asked earlier was Sconiers supporting Adkinson? He sure is and i don't blame him at all. Sconiers have spoken to all the other candidates and researched each of their qualifications, along with their future goals for WCSO. And he believes that Mike will make a positive change with the sheriff's office and make each and every deputy proud they work for Walton County Sheriff's Office. Like i said in an earlier post, come August I'll cast my vote for Mike Adkinson. :clap:

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
a job left incomplete

It still leaves a bad odor when mike said he'd be there for as long as the city wanted, then after a short while decides to bail. The residents of DeFuniak depended on him to stay a bit longer than he is willing to. What made him change his mind? Why go back on his word? He has much left to do. Why leave so much undone? And for sconiers, please. It wreaks worst of all. IF mike is elected that will leave a very short time to find a suitable replacement. If he takes chapman with him, and he should (he needs the votes chapman can get him) sconiers will probably be the only 'so called" reasonable choice forcing the city to accept him. If I had a sweet deal like that I'd support mike too, but my conscience would stop me. And as far as the "list of accomplishments" mike claims on his website......heres a news flash.......98% of them are DICTATED STEP BY STEP AND MANDATED by the Florida Accreditation Commission to get standards. Why he would try to mislead anyone into thinking they were his ideas and accomplishments is a deliberate twist of facts. Its giant leap backwards to the old days. I thought Walton County grew past that. Make your own choice to whom you support. But please oh please make an educated choice. Dont take anyone by their word. Verify and validate, then maybe a good educated decision can be reached.