• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

greenstreet

Beach Comber
Jan 17, 2007
Is there any update on Aquatera? Site looks like it is wasting away in the sun. Website still up, but no correspondence returned.:dunno:

thanks

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Is there any update on Aquatera? Site looks like it is wasting away in the sun. Website still up, but no correspondence returned.:dunno:

thanks
Johnny Earles, the real estate broker for the development ran away from that one after talk of FBI investigations were brought up for possible fraud in this development between the developer and the lender or appraiser. This was only the talk around town, and I do not know how true it is, but this came about shortly after the grand reception kicking off the project. Almost immediately, everything halted.

The property would make a nice acquisition by Alys Beach.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

I think they tried to get it when it was for sale a few years ago. Unless they can get it at a forclosure sale, I believe they'll pass. What did the Aquatera people pay? Around 61 MILLION if I remember correctly :eek: .

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think they tried to get it when it was for sale a few years ago. Unless they can get it at a forclosure sale, I believe they'll pass. What did the Aquatera people pay? Around 61 MILLION if I remember correctly :eek: .
Maybe that is the reason for the fraud. :dunno:

edit: just checked, they paid 24.5 million for that property

Last edited:

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Johnny Earles, the real estate broker for the development ran away from that one after talk of FBI investigations were brought up for possible fraud in this development between the developer and the lender or appraiser. This was only the talk around town, and I do not know how true it is, but this came about shortly after the grand reception kicking off the project. Almost immediately, everything halted.

And what a kick off party it was!!!! :D ;-)

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

FRAUD???? :blink: In SoWal Real Estate??? :eek: That can't be...it doesn't happen here, just in those other Florida places. :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Maybe that is the reason for the fraud. :dunno:

edit: just checked, they paid 24.5 million for that property
I wonder if the loan was for $61 million. :dunno:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
that seems to be about the gist of it. chain across the entrance, mobile home looks loose from it's moorings, and 'agent on duty' sign long gone.

It's the balloons...they should have used balloons!! These developers were clueless about savvy marketing techniques.