• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
They wouldn't spend that much on legal fees, but on many properties in South Walton, they would lose more than $50,000 by the loss of equity. If they loaned $400,000 on the house, which is now worth $275,000, they would have a loss of at least $125,000, plus, lawyer fees, brokerage fees to resell the property, plus lost interest during the time between when the former owner stopped making payments to the time when the bank finally sold the house.

I wonder if that number of $50,000 is perhaps the current National average?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
No, they were citing that number as the amount the bank had to spend just to go through the process - legal fees, filings, notices, staff time etc. not as the total monetary loss on the deal.

Made me wonder why (if it did actually cost that much) they didn't hire some people to expedite the short sales and save them some $$. :dunno:

$50K seems low for the national average of a net loss - that would be less than a 15% loss on a $350K house and prices seem off by more than that.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, $50,000 does sound low for a nat. avg of a net loss, but $50,000 seems too high for legal fees and filings. I guess the higher they can make that number, the greater the write off for the bank. If you look up the foreclosures and look at the detailed expenses, legal fees, etc don't typically total close to $50,000.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Yes, the banks spend $30,000-$50,000 to forclose on a property. They do what they call a "savings over foreclosure" analysis to determine whether they should take a short sale or sell it in foreclosure. Of course, they're screwed if they can't get what they think they should from a foreclosure sale. Bobby had a good example the other day of the bank accepting much less than his short sale offer.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
There are some great foreclosure deals coming on the market. Email me if you would like to know about Destin-30A foreclosures as soon as they hit the market.

Distress Sales resulting from bank foreclosures often represent a great way to get a fantastic deal on a Destin home. It's not easy for the average buyer to find these deals, because you have to keep scouring the paper to see when one comes up. Destin foreclosures have become more prominent with the current problems in the mortgage industry.

If you're the type of person who recognizes what a great deal some of these properties could represent, you will be interested to know about a new free computerized service which automatically searches out and downloads a current list of all such properties day in and day out. When you receive this free, no obligation service, you're automatically plugged in to the most current list of Destin Foreclosure Properties on the market, in the price range and area that interests you. This FREE service every week will save you a lot of research and running around.

Here's how it works. Every week, you will receive a FREE computerized report listing the current Destin foreclosure properties in your desired price range and location. There is no cost for this information, and absolutely no obligation. This insider information, sent to you in an incredibly simple and efficient format, will give you a huge advantage over other buyers in the marketplace. I keep an updated page with links to all of the current Destin Foreclosures at all times.

With the rise of short sales, foreclosures, and distress sales this has become the ultimate way to buy Destin Real Estate. Stay on top of the Destin foreclosures and you will find the best deals around. Whether you are looking for a Destin foreclosure home, a Destin foreclosure condo, or any other Destin foreclosure then you have come to the right price.

If you are interested in foreclosures or distress sales in Destin, Miramar Beach, Sandestin, Santa Rosa Beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Grayton Beach, Watercolor, Seaside, Seagrove Beach, Watersound, Seacrest Beach, Rosemary Beach, or Inlet Beach then let me know. With a large selection of short sales and foreclosures on the market right now it creates the perfect opportunity for those who want to own in this area. These incredible deals won't last forever so the time to act is now!

You can request this free service by simply emailing me at josh@joshmcleanhomes.com

There are some great foreclosure deals coming on the market. Email me if you would like to know about Destin-30A foreclosures as soon as they hit the market.

Distress Sales resulting from bank foreclosures often represent a great way to get a fantastic deal on a Destin home. It's not easy for the average buyer to find these deals, because you have to keep scouring the paper to see when one comes up. Destin foreclosures have become more prominent with the current problems in the mortgage industry.

If you're the type of person who recognizes what a great deal some of these properties could represent, you will be interested to know about a new free computerized service which automatically searches out and downloads a current list of all such properties day in and day out. When you receive this free, no obligation service, you're automatically plugged in to the most current list of Destin Foreclosure Properties on the market, in the price range and area that interests you. This FREE service every week will save you a lot of research and running around.

Here's how it works. Every week, you will receive a FREE computerized report listing the current Destin foreclosure properties in your desired price range and location. There is no cost for this information, and absolutely no obligation. This insider information, sent to you in an incredibly simple and efficient format, will give you a huge advantage over other buyers in the marketplace. I keep an updated page with links to all of the current Destin Foreclosures at all times.

With the rise of short sales, foreclosures, and distress sales this has become the ultimate way to buy Destin Real Estate. Stay on top of the Destin foreclosures and you will find the best deals around. Whether you are looking for a Destin foreclosure home, a Destin foreclosure condo, or any other Destin foreclosure then you have come to the right price.

If you are interested in foreclosures or distress sales in Destin, Miramar Beach, Sandestin, Santa Rosa Beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Grayton Beach, Watercolor, Seaside, Seagrove Beach, Watersound, Seacrest Beach, Rosemary Beach, or Inlet Beach then let me know. With a large selection of short sales and foreclosures on the market right now it creates the perfect opportunity for those who want to own in this area. These incredible deals won't last forever so the time to act is now!

You can request this free service by simply emailing me at josh@joshmcleanhomes.com

Josh, with all do respect, this Thread seems very similar if not redundant to Murray's Blog on SoWal.com I did just e-mail you to get on your list and I hope it's as thorough as it sounds. Good work.:D