• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Around here, people have a bit of celebrity in them because you probably already know a bit about them prior to meeting them. You may have heard stories about them, or just know them through mutual friends talking about them (not necessarily bad stories, or bad talk -- quite the opposite), then one day you finally shake hands, and you say, "So you are Kurt. Nice to see you, finally."

Just today, I was talking to a guy who lives in Tallahassee. We discovered that he owns the lot next to my house. So, yes, I consider everyone my neighbor, even if they live in a distant place. I have lived, and traveled all over the country, and feel like most of America is my backyard.

I guarantee you that I have seen Kurt and that he has seen me, probably often, but I could not pick him out of a line-up of two people.

I've never met Old Timer either, but I know where the pink house is located and I met his nieces long ago.

Being raised in a small town, I know there are both benefits and detriments to small town living. The bad parts stem from the fact that everyone knows everything about each other. So, I guess I enjoy a little bit of wonder. Today, we are hungry for the knowledge of everything. I like to balance that by using my imagination.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I like SoWal because I am never in a hurry, even if I resemble someone in a hurry now and again. There is comfort knowing that sooneer or later you will meet everyone (althought that seems to be changing) and see everything (more than once) within a life well spent.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
lenzoe said:
I think you two tie for the Garrison Keillor award. If you start a radio program you can call it Tales from Choctawhatchee Bay.

Now that is a show I would listen to.

Tales of Coastal Lake Dune-be-gone, where all the men smell like fish, all the women are Realtors, and all the children are above sand. :D

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
kurt said:
Now that is a show I would listen to.

Tales of Coastal Lake Dune-be-gone, where all the men smell like fish, all the women are Realtors, and all the children are above sand. :D

I resemble that remark! :)