• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Wow, are you still holding a grudge on that one parking infraction!??!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Wow, are you still holding a grudge on that one parking infraction!??!
In fairness to Steelman, that is a pretty regular occurrence. Unfortunately locals are just as guilty in their disregard for parking regulations and enforcement is seriously lacking. In the end it is all about what is more important about what is enforced. I think hiring a seasonal parking enforcement officer might be a reasonable idea and would/could pay for itself in fines. Just a thought.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Adkinson doesn't Enforce parking, along with other things. It's part of the two step dance called selective enforcement.

Look around, violations are everywhere on 30a and Scenic Gulf. Lots of fine $$$ revenue to collect.

I have seen the Community Service Woman, Leah S., always out at a crash working to direct traffic ( I think shes the only one that knows how), and she's issued quite a few parking "warnings" to vehicles.

That woman does a lot and if she's not being paid, she should be. She is great!

We need more of her and less of those overpaid butts that sit all day in DFS Offices, while patrol officers run from call to call, short staffed.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I was being snide because it's the same photo Steelman posted about a month ago. I have personally parked on sidewalks many, many times in my life. When events are going on at Butler Elementary, the bikepath is littered with vehicles. If this particular situation was going on daily, I retract my amusement. But there are vastly more important issues than parking going on right now, and periodic idiotic parking is way down on the list.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Lake views someone was almost hit by car
Because they had to go around the "no problem parking any where I want to,, law or no law" pic. I'm sure you cause the same walk around. Laws are not Ala Carte
Pick the ones that serve you and everyone else picks the one that serves them.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Steel, knowing that there was a near accident does shed a different light on it. A deputy could drive the length of 30-A on any given day and find over a hundred parking violations. I'm wondering if it legally has to be a fully trained deputy to issue tickets. Perhaps Danny knows. The larger question is collecting those citations. The majority of our "summer society" are transients. These tickets will probably end up on the shoulder of 331 north.